sokum Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Owner of bundles

Hi,

Zenworks 11 on Windows 2008 R2 x64

We have 7 Zenworks admins, essentially users of the system. While I can restrict them from certain part of the application (distribution, patches etc) I cannot restrict people from tampering with other admin tasks or bundles.

Is there a way to allow read only access to bundles if they did not create them? For example I create a bundle that is system wide, I don't want others to modify my bundle but they can view the content.

This would be useful not just in bundles but deployment, reports etc...

Thank you.

Zenworks 11 on Windows Server 2008 R2 x64:cool: MS SQL 2008 Windows XP & Windows 7 Clients
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
gerwil1478
New Member.

Re: Owner of bundles

I think you are after roles. Admins can be assigned rights in a context in the zone and then be given rights throuhg roles to do stuff in that section. (I think)

Cheers
0 Likes
sokum Absent Member.
Absent Member.

GERWIL;2088759 wrote:
I think you are after roles. Admins can be assigned rights in a context in the zone and then be given rights throuhg roles to do stuff in that section. (I think)

Cheers

Hmmm...I'm going to look into that...

Thanks for the rely.

Zenworks 11 on Windows Server 2008 R2 x64:cool: MS SQL 2008 Windows XP & Windows 7 Clients
0 Likes
Highlighted
sokum Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I checked but there doesn't appear to be any settings I can set to define the rights on the role with regard to adjusting someone else tasks, bundles etc. There are only 3 options allow, deny, or unset. Nothing to stipulate can't change others.

Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
gerwil1478
New Member.

An enhancement request perhaps - owner/creator rights to bundles/policies etc

Cheers
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.