blang008 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

PXE Boot with Custom Naming Convention

Is it possible to be able to PXE boot and image workstations in our environmnet using a custom naming convention?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: PXE Boot with Custom Naming Convention

Blang008,

like this: http://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks11/zen11_cm_preboot_imaging/data/bwb0a3v.html#bwb22l9
is all that's possible that way. ENGL (www.engl.co.uk) have better tools in this area I think

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
blang008 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Spond! So if I choose "Don not automatically assign a name", when in the process do you assign a name. Our goal is to be able to image the device remotely without standing in front of it. So if we had a workstation in our environment called SPOND001, how could I image that machine remotely and rename it SPOND0001? Hope this makes some kind of sense.

spond;2255781 wrote:
Blang008,

like this: Novell Doc: ZENworks 11 SP2 Preboot Services and Imaging Reference - Configuring Preboot Services Defaults for ZENworks Imaging
is all that's possible that way. ENGL (www.engl.co.uk) have better tools in this area I think

--

Shaun Pond
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Blang008,

how would it know what its name was supposed to be?

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
blang008 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

When devices are first deployed they are named a custom name. Reading the documentation, would it be possible to put the custom name in the BIOS asset field and in ZCM select the option for naming the device the asset tag field? My thinking was that if that was populated, when we remotely imaged a device it would keep its name in the BIOS.

spond;2255799 wrote:
Blang008,

how would it know what its name was supposed to be?

--

Shaun Pond
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Blang008,

that would make sense

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.