bawise Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Patch Management for SLES 11 and 12

I am trying to test out patch management to see how it works and the latest patch that is coming up is December 8th, 2017 for Novell SLES 11 SP4. The newest patch for SUSE SLES 12 SP1 is May 30th, 2017.

Is there something I am missing?

How is everyone addressing the new vulnerabilities that are coming out?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Patch Management for SLES 11 and 12

wmed_bawise;2474734 wrote:
I am trying to test out patch management to see how it works and the latest patch that is coming up is December 8th, 2017 for Novell SLES 11 SP4. The newest patch for SUSE SLES 12 SP1 is May 30th, 2017.

Is there something I am missing?

How is everyone addressing the new vulnerabilities that are coming out?

SLES 12 SP1 went out of general support 31 May 2017.

Thomas
0 Likes
bawise Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What is everyone doing for these patches?

https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7022512
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

For SLE12 you would need to upgrade to SP2 or SP3 or buy LTSS subscription for SLE12SP1. SLE11SP4 is still under general support so that shouldn't be a problem but for some reason you are not getting the latest patches, have you checked in customer center that your subscription is still valid?

Thomas
0 Likes
bawise Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you for your help Thomas.

We are still getting the latest updates for Windows. But, the updates for SLES 11 SP4 stop at December 8th, 2017.

Can anyone confirm that they are still getting updates past December 8th, 2017?

Can anyone offer guidance on the Patch Subscription Credentials - SUSE Network Credentials located in the Configuration --> Subscription Service Settings? Are these supposed to be the mirror credentials found in the Novell Customer Center?

Thanks for your help.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Yes, I can basically confirm this.....
I see thru the 11th, but I have some settings that causes me to download even needless patches.

I did ask someone to open a ticket with Lumension.......
I have not heard anything back....but would likely be better if a customer opened ticket....which would be a higher priority no doubt........
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

As Luck would have it...the ticket was just updated.....
Nothing earth shattering...just an apology for the delay and they are investigating....
0 Likes
bawise Absent Member.
Absent Member.

CRAIGDWILSON;2475150 wrote:
As Luck would have it...the ticket was just updated.....
Nothing earth shattering...just an apology for the delay and they are investigating....

Hey Craig,
Have they provided you with any updates on this? I am still only seeing December 11th, 2017 as the last available update?

Thanks,
Brandon
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.