mmoshcs Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Patches installing desktop icons

I've been testing using patch management to upgrade your firefox version. Currently at reimage time a bundle is deployed to install firefox and remove the desktop and start menu icons, meaning the users have to use a zenworks icon.

When I push a firefox patch it puts the icons back, is there a way I can control this behaviour. Could I modify the patch bundle itself or does that cause issues?

Regards
Matt
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
stelgenkamp
New Member.

Re: Patches installing desktop icons

Dear Matt,
Please look at ;
Download Firefox MSI
They have a Firefox Packaging Service.
Maybe you could use that ?
Stephan
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.