J3bshjr Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Path for group policy content is null

Hello everyone, I am having an issue with creating group policy packages for my client workstations on ZCM11. I will create the group policy, then upload it to the server perfectly fine. I allow it about 1 minute to make sure it generates the file without null content, and follow procedure as closely as possible. When I try to apply these policys to my test workstation, they fail with the error 'path for group policy content is null'.

I would like to get this working soon, as we need to push policies to workstations before the summer rush. I am running

ZENworks Configuration Management Version: 11.0.0.0
ZENworks Asset Management Version: 11.0.0.41090
ZENworks EndPoint Security Management Version: 11.0.0.40872
ZENworks Agent Version: 11.0.0.40909
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Path for group policy content is null

J3bshjr;2265481 wrote:
Hello everyone, I am having an issue with creating group policy packages for my client workstations on ZCM11. I will create the group policy, then upload it to the server perfectly fine. I allow it about 1 minute to make sure it generates the file without null content, and follow procedure as closely as possible. When I try to apply these policys to my test workstation, they fail with the error 'path for group policy content is null'.

I would like to get this working soon, as we need to push policies to workstations before the summer rush. I am running

ZENworks Configuration Management Version: 11.0.0.0
ZENworks Asset Management Version: 11.0.0.41090
ZENworks EndPoint Security Management Version: 11.0.0.40872
ZENworks Agent Version: 11.0.0.40909

If it helps, I'm seeing the same thing in 11.2.2 MU2, but not all workstations. Which leads me to believe that:
a) Either one of the servers that hosts the content (we have 3 primaries, and 30+ satellite servers) is missing the content, even though the Settings reports it's all included (there's no nice report you can run that actually verifies the content or which one may be mis-reporting).

or

b) This is a bug (I know in 10.x there was a bug that caused this).

or

c) For some odd reason the workstation can't connect to the ZCM servers, but then that wouldn't make sense since it's uploading inventory and the log files, and other Bundles work as well (as do other ZCM Policies).
0 Likes
J3bshjr Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am looking through the logs on ZCM and when I try to apply the policies, ZCM shows the error as

The action [NULL] (ID:grouppolicy) failed due to the reason : grouppolicy, however the action is set to continue on failure.

I hope this helps.
0 Likes
gshaw0 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I get something similar in my logs...

The handler [NULL] was not found.

followed by

Could not find a Handler associated with the following type: grouppolicy.

Seems to be hit and miss if our Computer Settings GPO applies or not, works more often than it fails but still fails too many times to be acceptable, especially as it seems to revert the changes back to machine defaults each time 😞

ZCM 2017 U2 on VMware| SQL 2016 database | 4 primary servers over 3 sites | 3000+ Windows 10 images to deploy via MDT :cool: Check out my blog http://gshaw0.wordpress.com - ZCM imaging and other tech stuff
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.