kfreise Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Policy Requirements kills policy enforcement

On any policy where I enter a policy Requirement for Windows Operating System = 5.1 (XP) the device fails to grab the policy. The agent says the policy is "Non-Effective" and this error appears in it's log:

[ERROR] [08/18/2009 09:14:05.765] [1564] [ZenworksWindowsService] [62] [T5335] [Requirements Module] [SYSREQ.ExceptionInHandler] [The handler WindowsOsRequirementHandler threw an exception. System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in the XML document. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: <WindowsOSReq xmlns='http://www.novell.com/ZENworks/Reqs/v1.0'> was not expected.
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReader1.Read149_WindowsOSReq()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader)
at Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.XmlUtil.DeSerializeXML(Object xmlData, Type type, XmlSerializer xml)
at Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.XmlUtil.DeSerializeXML(Object xmlData, Type type)
at Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.XmlUtil.DeSerializeXML(Object xmlData, Type type, String rootElementName, String rootNamespace)
at Novell.Zenworks.Requirements.BaseRequirementHandler.ProcessRequirement(Session session, Req req, Boolean inUserSpace)
at Novell.Zenworks.Requirements.Requirements.ProcessRequirements(Session session, GroupReq reqs)] [] []

If I remove the Requirement from the policy, it appears to successfully apply to the devices.

I didn't change anything overnight, what could have happened?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Policy Requirements kills policy enforcement

Kfreise,

does this happen for all policy types or just some? What version of
ZCM?

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
kfreise Absent Member.
Absent Member.

spond;1843381 wrote:
Kfreise,

does this happen for all policy types or just some? What version of
ZCM?

--

Shaun Pond

It was happening to Windows Group Policies and DLU policies.

I'm running ZCM 10.2.0
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Kfreise,

can you send me the whole log please? spond at novell dot com
The only reference I can find to this error was fixed in 10.2 - all
your machines are running that version?

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.