blcarson Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Post 10.2.1 - Registrations Overwriting

After completing the 10.2.1 upgrade and the September PRU update, new machines will no longer register correctly. Each new install seems to overwrite the previous one. All the latest patches are installed. Uninstalling and trying to reinstall only causes the -34 error and after we jump through hoops to get past that, it just overwrites again. It doesn't seem to be seeing them as new registrations. The machine that appears doesn't even show up in the default workstation folder. It appears in a folder that we moved a machine to previously. Apparently this is where the last machine we were able to successfully register was moved.

I've searched the forums but haven't found anything that really applies here. If anyone has any ideas, they would be appreciated.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
gerwil1478
New Member.

Re: Post 10.2.1 - Registrations Overwriting

Same here.

See http://forums.novell.com/novell-product-support-forums/zenworks/configuration-management/zcm-imaging/387123-serious-problem-duplicate-guids-ziswin.html

I've tried every trick I can think of. I did managed to get two machines to register once but I think that was because I registered two machines at the same time. I notice that others and myself appear to have no problems with machines that upgraded automatically with 10.2.1 update. If this was a global problem I would expect more posts, so it must be something with the site. Only difference I can find is my server version 10.2.1.34618.

ZENworks 10 Configuration Management 10.2.1 - update information and list of fixes

reports the version number should be 10.2.1.34731
0 Likes
jvmorrell1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Got a similar problem, I went through my support and they opened a call with novell.. Just sitting here with no ZCM on new machines waiting and hoping that either I get a solution from novell or the next update sorts it out..

I'm not going to be in a rush to deploy updates in the future
0 Likes
blcarson Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the responses. The last 9 machines I tried were all the same model which likely all had the same Zenworks 7 images applied to them originally. When trying to deploy the ZCM agent, they all wind up with the same GUID somehow. A machine with a 10.2.0 agent was still able to upgrade successfully. It seems to be just the new deployments that are the problem.
0 Likes
epeli Absent Member.
Absent Member.

blcarson;1864422 wrote:
After completing the 10.2.1 upgrade and the September PRU update, new machines will no longer register correctly. Each new install seems to overwrite the previous one. All the latest patches are installed. Uninstalling and trying to reinstall only causes the -34 error and after we jump through hoops to get past that, it just overwrites again. It doesn't seem to be seeing them as new registrations. The machine that appears doesn't even show up in the default workstation folder. It appears in a folder that we moved a machine to previously. Apparently this is where the last machine we were able to successfully register was moved.

I've searched the forums but haven't found anything that really applies here. If anyone has any ideas, they would be appreciated.

We had the exact same issue with 10.2.0 after imaging multiple machines.
In our case, this was caused by a duplicate GUID - all the imaged machines had the same GUID!

To generate a new GUID for a machine, you need to delete deviceguid and deviceguid.sav from ZENworks agent's /conf/ directory, then remove the GUID from ZISWIN and reboot the machine. (Running zac fsg -d doesn't work. It just renames deviceguid to deviceguid.sav and zen agent restores the old GUID from it)

Here's a simple .bat script for it.
del "C:\Program Files\Novell\ZENworks\conf\deviceguid" 
del "C:\Program Files\Novell\ZENworks\conf\deviceguid.sav"
"C:\Program Files\Novell\ZENworks\bin\preboot\ZISWIN.EXE"
shutdown -r -t 0

Let me know if this helps!

After upgrading to 10.2.1, we're getting some server code -34 (Invalid Device Authentication Information) errors again, but I haven't yet found a fix to those.
0 Likes
epeli Absent Member.
Absent Member.

0 Likes
jcsmith1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

epeli;1871206 wrote:
This patch might also help:

After upgrading to 10.2.1 getting registration error -34

I'm confused, does this problem on apply to imaging?
0 Likes
frankscharpenac Absent Member.
Absent Member.

try to delete the GUID in the mbr of your hdd before imaging !
In the Imaging boot menue ("Strg"+"alt") execute :

zisedit -c

Groupwise 2014R2 - ZCM 11.4.1
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.