abray Absent Member.
Absent Member.
2458 views

Post ZCM 11 SP1 upgrade Can't Lauch App blundle From Start M

I upgrade our ZCM11 Primary Server to SP1 and everything reported upgrading correctly.

I pushed the agent update out to a Windows XP Pro SP3 workstation, and now I cannot directly launch an Application bundles from the Start Menu by clicking on it's icon/shortcut.

The applications bundles/icons appear in the Start Menu/Zenworks folder structure just fine, however if I click on one to launch it, nothing happens.

I can right click on the application bundle icon and choose OPEN and it lauches fine

Further more if I configure the bundle to put the shortcut on the Desktop or in the Quick Launch area, they run fine just clicking on them.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the the Agent on the workstation and the agent status reports version 11.1.0.10525 for all the components (Bundle Management, Image Management, Inventory Management, Policy Management, Remote Management, User Management).

Does anyone have insight into what might be causing the issue.

Thanks,

- Al
Labels (2)
0 Likes
10 Replies
marklw Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Post ZCM 11 SP1 upgrade Can't Lauch App blundle From Sta

I get the same issue post 11 SP1 upgrade of our Win XP clients.

Thanks
Mark
0 Likes
marklw Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Post ZCM 11 SP1 upgrade Can't Lauch App blundle From Sta

I have opened an SR, will report back.

Mark
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Post ZCM 11 SP1 upgrade Can't Lauch App blundle From Start M

Mark,

Please make sure your contact gets the Defect, it's brand new so they
may not know.

On 8/12/2011 2:26 PM, marklw wrote:
>
> I have opened an SR, will report back.
>
> Mark
>
>



--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Post ZCM 11 SP1 upgrade Can't Lauch App blundle From Start M

Thanks for the Feedback.
Defect#712119 has been created.


On 8/12/2011 1:56 PM, marklw wrote:
>
> I get the same issue post 11 SP1 upgrade of our Win XP clients.
>
> Thanks
> Mark
>
>



--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
0 Likes
marklw Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Post ZCM 11 SP1 upgrade Can't Lauch App blundle From Sta

Thanks for the update Craig. We were gonna go for a full rollout of the agents to all our Win XP workstations tomorrow, do you think it would be safer to wait?

Regards
Mark
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Post ZCM 11 SP1 upgrade Can't Lauch App blundle From Start M

I have No Idea on a Time Frame for a Fix.
Could be quick, could be a while.
Just no idea.

May depend on how much u use that feature and
the ability of your users ;>


On 8/12/2011 3:46 PM, marklw wrote:
>
> Thanks for the update Craig. We were gonna go for a full rollout of the
> agents to all our Win XP workstations tomorrow, do you think it would be
> safer to wait?
>
> Regards
> Mark
>
>



--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
0 Likes
marklw Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Post ZCM 11 SP1 upgrade Can't Lauch App blundle From Sta

craig_wilson;2128238 wrote:
I have No Idea on a Time Frame for a Fix.
Could be quick, could be a while.
Just no idea.

May depend on how much u use that feature and
the ability of your users ;>


On 8/12/2011 3:46 PM, marklw wrote:
>
> Thanks for the update Craig. We were gonna go for a full rollout of the
> agents to all our Win XP workstations tomorrow, do you think it would be
> safer to wait?
>
> Regards
> Mark
>
>



--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.




We decided to hang fire in the end since we use this feature quite a bit. Spoke to a Novell support engineer this morning and she has updated the bug with potential users affected here, and the amount of helpdesk calls it would generate.

Thanks
Mark
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Post ZCM 11 SP1 upgrade Can't Lauch App blundle From Start M

Is there any news about a fix? been almost two weeks now

"marklw" schreef in bericht news:marklw.4yeutz@no-mx.forums.novell.com...


craig_wilson;2128238 Wrote:
> I have No Idea on a Time Frame for a Fix.
> Could be quick, could be a while.
> Just no idea.
>
> May depend on how much u use that feature and
> the ability of your users ;>
>
>
> On 8/12/2011 3:46 PM, marklw wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for the update Craig. We were gonna go for a full rollout of

> the
> > agents to all our Win XP workstations tomorrow, do you think it would

> be
> > safer to wait?
> >
> > Regards
> > Mark
> >
> >

>
>
> --
> Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
> Novell Knowledge Partner
>
> Novell does not officially monitor these forums.
>
> Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
> These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational
> human.




We decided to hang fire in the end since we use this feature quite a
bit. Spoke to a Novell support engineer this morning and she has
updated the bug with potential users affected here, and the amount of
helpdesk calls it would generate.

Thanks
Mark


--
marklw
------------------------------------------------------------------------
marklw's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=48617
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=443017
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Post ZCM 11 SP1 upgrade Can't Lauch App blundle From Start M

Dev has duplicated the issue, but there is not any fix available yet.

On 8/29/2011 2:37 PM, Jan de Vries wrote:
> Is there any news about a fix? been almost two weeks now
>
> "marklw" schreef in bericht news:marklw.4yeutz@no-mx.forums.novell.com...
>
> craig_wilson;2128238 Wrote:
>> I have No Idea on a Time Frame for a Fix.
>> Could be quick, could be a while.
>> Just no idea.
>>
>> May depend on how much u use that feature and
>> the ability of your users ;>
>>
>>
>> On 8/12/2011 3:46 PM, marklw wrote:
>> >
>> > Thanks for the update Craig. We were gonna go for a full rollout of

>> the
>> > agents to all our Win XP workstations tomorrow, do you think it would

>> be
>> > safer to wait?
>> >
>> > Regards
>> > Mark
>> >
>> >

>>
>>
>> --
>> Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
>> Novell Knowledge Partner
>>
>> Novell does not officially monitor these forums.
>>
>> Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
>> These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational
>> human.

>
>
>
> We decided to hang fire in the end since we use this feature quite a
> bit. Spoke to a Novell support engineer this morning and she has
> updated the bug with potential users affected here, and the amount of
> helpdesk calls it would generate.
>
> Thanks
> Mark
>
>



--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
0 Likes
marklw Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Post ZCM 11 SP1 upgrade Can't Lauch App blundle From Sta

FYI ZCM 11.1a has been released which fixes this issue. Have installed it today and can confirm the fix.

If you do an update in the ZCC from System Updates you should see the Agent Update 1 for ZENworks 11.1, this can be pushed to existing 11.1 agents to fix the issue.

An ISO download is available which will update the zone and patch the agent deployments.

Mark
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.