overdorf Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Post ZENworks 11 SP4 update pre-req question

I was reading through the documentation for "Post ZENworks 11 SP4 UPdate Prerequisites" and I was wondering if this effects the database at all? There is no indication that if you are using multiple primary servers, that you need to stop the services on the other primaries while you do the first one. Do we need to stop the services? Do not have too? Want to be sure before I update my environment.

Also will the ZENworks Diagnostic Center files be released for 11.4.1 soon?

Thanks,

Tim Overdorf
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
phasenjager Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Post ZENworks 11 SP4 update pre-req question

I was able to do the "Post ZENworks 11 SP4 Update Prereq" on all Primary Servers without shutting the others down (I did do 1 first, then the remaining). The 11.4.1 update does require all primaries to be offline, except the first one you are updating.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The ZDC for ZCM 11.4.1 should be publicly visible shortly.
0 Likes
overdorf Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you both for the quick answers. I did not think the primaries needed to be taken off line for the Post SP4 update, but I thought it would be better to ask then assume cause problems for myself.

Tim Overdorf
0 Likes
mark75081 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

So only one server is getting the POST SP4 update. All others are stuck on pending with update assigned. the system update logs on the servers do not show the guid folder for the update so I know it has not started yet.

Can I manually run a zman to update these. If so how?
0 Likes
mark75081 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Never mind now. I got it running. Grrrrr. Next up 11.4.1 after this goes
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.