jrhodes1 Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Priamary Server move to Windows Server 2016

Hi

I have recently tired moving our zenworks primary server from windows server 2012 to 2016 however we are now getting these errors when installing the server

1st This one is a big long error it starts like this (can post the full thing if you want)

ConfigureAction failed!: com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.exceptions.InternalDataModelException: com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.exceptions.InternalDataModelException: org.hibernate.exception.ConstraintViolationException: Violation of UNIQUE KEY constraint 'uniq_zZENObject_Path'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.zZENObject'. The duplicate key value is (/HOLLINGWORTH_ZONE). at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.temp.ZoneCreator.createZone(ZoneCreator.java:150) at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.utils.hibernate.ZoneCreator.doWork(ZoneCreator.java:184) at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.utils.hibernate.ZoneCreator.main(ZoneCreator.java:512) Caused by: com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.exceptions.InternalDataModelException:

I am pretty sure these 3 are linked

2nd
Failed to add JoinProxy role for primary server with GUID:

3rd

Exception occured during JoinProxy role addition

4th this is not the full error either again will post full error if needed

com.novell.zenworks.configure.ConfigureException: 456a629acb73ab1d46f2ee1b629a297a at com.novell.zenworks.configure.actions.AddJoinProxyRoleConfigureAction.addJoinProxyRoleToPrimaryServer(AddJoinProxyRoleConfigureAction.java:93) at com.novell.zenworks.configure.actions.AddJoinProxyRoleConfigureAction.configure(AddJoinProxyRoleConfigureAction.java:24) at com.novell.zenworks.configure.ZENworksConfigure.execConfigAction(ZENworksConfigure.java:1852) at com.novell.zenworks.install.customcode.configure.

I have tried installing the server a couple of times now and I keep getting the same errors (restoring the new server and database to before the install each time). Any help here would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

John
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
jrhodes1 Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Priamary Server move to Windows Server 2016 Problems

This problem has been fixed now.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.