Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Printer policy failed to add (iPrint) printer

Netware 6.5.
Alar.
0 Likes
NovAlf Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Printer Security Level is set to High and this requires SSL/TLS, but ... URL is shown there as ipp. I mean, via iManager.
Alar.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

NovAlf;1922831 wrote:
Printer Security Level is set to High and this requires SSL/TLS, but ... URL is shown there as ipp. I mean, via iManager.
Alar.

Maybe the problem is secure printers then, can you make a "test" printer that doesn't require ipps and try to deploy that using your profile?

And also when you inserted the printer in the policy, did you type in:
ipps://10.0.0.123/ipps/HP_LaserJet_P2055_CD1A

Never used secure printing so I don't know if the above link is the correct way to add a secure printer.

Thomas
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi and thanks!
Tried and, yes, You're correct, with medium security ... under admin-account there appear printer. Under ordinary user account ... nothing happen, but this is probably connected to iprint.ini, correct?
(1) What settings do You suggest for iprint.ini and
(2) only problem I see is that anyone can print in this case, associating under printer object in eDir does not affect this? As it was with high security! Correct?
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi again!
Well, probably solved this. At least ... printers start to appear and ... printing. 😃
We had so far (with ZfD 4.0.1) only NDPS printers. Only installed on ws. iPrint we did use for printing from another subnet, I mean, from subnet where is located machines we don't manage.
(1) In iPrint.ini probably is good idea to have user printers for using, also. I'd set AllowUserPrinters = 2. Not sure, however, about some security. (Can now everyone print to ...) Btw., no need to restart Apache after, settings from iPrint.ini is taken during printer install. Yes, changing anything, need to reinstall printer.
(2) So far we had security set to high, now it need to be medium for work.
(3) Users must have also write access to ndps directory on local machine. We haven't, as we don't allow to write to root directory (I'm talking about Windows XP), so ... probably is need to have some bundle to set those rights.
And ... printer policy associated to user ... install iPrint (if needed) and ... user printer(s). Point to ZCM! 😃
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Yes, ipp printer. I don't know why. When I tried under ordinary user from command line then I saw printer and everything seems to be there, but in error log I see:
---
26.01.2010 - 14:02:08
Module: spoolsv.exe
Trace Info: ippmain.c, line 13735, thread 00000908
Routine: GetPrinterInfoWithGoodStatus - Not our printer (\\.\DISPLAYV1)
Error: The printer name is invalid.
---
with user association and
---
26.01.2010 - 13:58:25
Module: spoolsv.exe
Trace Info: auth.c, line 1956, thread 00000378
Routine: SessionManagerGetCurrentUserInfo - @SYSTEM - SNMP PROBLEM
Error: Cannot perform this operation on this built-in special user.
---
with device association.
Also, with device I see on server where printer is located error:
---
[Tue Jan 26 13:58:51 2010] [error] [client 10.0.2.30] no acceptable variant: SYS:/apache2/error/HTTP_UNAUTHORIZED.html.var
---
Well, could be under user it can't be installed because users have no rights on Windows for that! But, anyway ... "Not our printer (\\.\DISPLAYV1)"?
Also, I need this to have a way it was/is with ZfD 4.0.1!
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.