opasquet Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Problem with GUID and registration ZEN11

Hi ,

We're using an old netware with zen4 installed we decided to migrate to zen11 , to do thta we have to uninstall the old zen4 agnet on workstation , but we are facinfg a problem that all of our pc's seems to have the same guid , we are not yet in active directory .
It seems that after register the pc it will delete the previous one which was just created.
We tried to install the new agent zen11 and after that unregistered the pc and registered again so guid should be changed but we still have some problems any ideas to fix this issue ...
Thank you .
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
gerwil1478
New Member.

Re: Problem with GUID and registration ZEN11

Do they also have the same computer name? Are you using edirectory? Have you set up registration keys?
Sorry but the list goes on. Registration of each device should generate a new GUID provided that the name is unique and it does not already exist.

Cheers
0 Likes
djnikos Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I had the same issue.

You also have to figure out if yor machines have the same Sid.
But you can see that in te Ziswin.exxe file

Soloution was to open the Ziswin.exe Wich is placed under c:\Program Files\novell\zenworks\bin\preeboot

Run dos command

Zac unr

Goto Edit -> Clear Image safe data
Goto File and save image safe data.

To be sure run a dos command zac fsg -d

Restart

Your machine is being completly thrown out of doain and everything.
Make it a member again (If you are using domain)

Run command
zac reg https://ZENSERVER or
zav reg https://ip adress

That should solve your problem did it by my machines wih the same image!!!
0 Likes
djnikos Absent Member.
Absent Member.

PS, don´t forget the zac cc Command after unr.

I ran in to some problems, when i forgot that small thing!!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.