Absent Member.

Promethean Interactive Board

Labels (2)
0 Likes
12 Replies
dseelen Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Promethean Interactive Board

I have the same issue, I am not sure where to go from here, I believe it has something to do with the remote access driver for the agent and the promethean's conflicting. The site I am working on is roughly 15 miles away from our main building and other sites so I would like to fix this issue without losing remote access.
0 Likes
jschwill Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I rolled back to 11.2 agent and it works with the boards. I agree that the remote access driver is causing the issue. I am behind one service pack on my servers/agents so I don't know if the latest version works or not. I will hopefully test this in the next few days. I will post back with results.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

It is probably nothing to do with the Remote Control Driver.
The prior thread said it was an update to ZESM that fixed the issue.

If you are not licensed for and using ZESM, I would recommend ensuring the ZESM Spoke is set to Disabled, Location Lite is Enabled, and Self-Defense is turned off.
This should ensure there are not any ZESM Drivers installed.

If you are licensed for ZESM and using it, then I would recommend an SR.
0 Likes
dseelen Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I tried disabling ZESM, made sure Location Lite is Enabled and Self-Defense if turned off, yet I still have this problem, is there another suggestion you may have?

Thanks,
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Make sure that the ZESM spoke is set to Uninstalled not just disabled.

Also when all is said and done and reboots are finished.....
Run "MSINFO32" and look under drivers and see if there are any "Z" Drivers.
They are likely ZESM drivers which would not be there if the process of removing ZESM was fully successful.
0 Likes
dseelen Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unfortunately I do not have an option to uninstall ZESM I go into configuration management, then zenworks agent and there is no zesm option, I have disable or uninstall bundle, remote, policy and user management. I think I am in the wrong place, where would I go to uninstall ZESM?

Thanks,
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

dseelen;2434841 wrote:
Unfortunately I do not have an option to uninstall ZESM I go into configuration management, then zenworks agent and there is no zesm option, I have disable or uninstall bundle, remote, policy and user management. I think I am in the wrong place, where would I go to uninstall ZESM?

Thanks,

Under Configuration->Device Management->ZENworks Agent->Agent Features: Endpoint Security Management you should disable and uncheck "installed". What version of ZENworks are you running?

Thomas
0 Likes
dseelen Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Zenworks 11.4

I attached an image showing no option to uncheck install, I believe the option is not there because we do not have licensing for ZESM, even though we do not have the licensing I still believe it is being installed. When testing different things to resolve this I uninstalled CASA just to see what would happen and in the agent logs I found errors regarding ZESM.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Yes, Please Drop me an Email.
0 Likes
mearten Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We have the same issue, after de upgrade from Zenworks agent 11.2.3 to Zenworks 11.4.2, the Promethean Interactive board stops working.
We haven’t a license for ZESM and have uninstalled Remote Management but the problem persists.
Is there any solution for solving the problem. Returning to Zenworks agent 11.2.3 is not a solution because we are migrating tot Windows 10.

Kind Regards,

Mearten de Weerd
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If you can open an SR please do so.
If you cannot, please drop me an Email NEXT THURSDAY at craig_d_wilson at yahoo.
I am going to be out of town on business until then so I can see what I can do when I get back.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

dseelen;2434841 wrote:

Thanks,

Can you Send an Email to "CRAIG_D_WILSON@YAHOO.COM" and Reference "ZENworks Forums" in the title so it does not get lost in the sea of spam?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.