martinusen Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Prompt Before Distribution

In ZfD 7 it was possible to prompt the user before distribution...

Can't seem to find that option in ZCM 10. I know it is possible to prompt the user as an "Install" or "Launch" action.

I would like to inform my users that a bundle takes 10 minutes to download. If I add a "Promtp User" action under "Install" the prompt will not appear until after the bundle has downloaded from the content-repo. And if it's a larger bundle like Acrobat Pro or Office it often takes 10 to 20 minuttes to download.

If "Show Bundle Activity" is disabled nothing seems to happens from the users point of view - often resulting in the users clicking the icons multiple times, which will result in an error message.

Also tried making a kind of launch bundle which only job is to:
1) Prompt the user
2) Launch the main bundle
But it seems that ZENworks download the contents of both bundles before taking any actions; ie. display the prompt.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Prompt Before Distribution

martinusen;1923431 wrote:
In ZfD 7 it was possible to prompt the user before distribution...

Can't seem to find that option in ZCM 10. I know it is possible to prompt the user as an "Install" or "Launch" action.

I would like to inform my users that a bundle takes 10 minutes to download. If I add a "Promtp User" action under "Install" the prompt will not appear until after the bundle has downloaded from the content-repo. And if it's a larger bundle like Acrobat Pro or Office it often takes 10 to 20 minuttes to download.

If "Show Bundle Activity" is disabled nothing seems to happens from the users point of view - often resulting in the users clicking the icons multiple times, which will result in an error message.

Also tried making a kind of launch bundle which only job is to:
1) Prompt the user
2) Launch the main bundle
But it seems that ZENworks download the contents of both bundles before taking any actions; ie. display the prompt.

This feature will be in version 10.3.

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.

thsundel;1923434 wrote:

Thomas

Thanks for the quick reply. Looking forward to 10.3 🙂

Anders
0 Likes
Absent Member.

thsundel;1923434 wrote:

Thomas

BTW, do you know, if there will be an option: "Run script before distribution" as well?

Thanks
/Anders
0 Likes
gbarvang Absent Member.
Absent Member.

yes script is also an option in new distribution tab 🙂
0 Likes
Absent Member.

gbarvang;1923478 wrote:
yes script is also an option in new distribution tab 🙂

Great 🙂
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.