pthibault Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Pxe Preboot black screen

Yes this is fixed now. Here the reply of Novell support.

This is an automated notification regarding SR 101135024001:
Imaging error with HP 400 G4 SFF

The defect associated to this SR has been updated with the following patch(es):

ZCM 11.4.x Imaging Driver Update for March 2018
http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=tA3EwAOnT3g~

ZCM 2017 Imaging Driver Update for March 2018
http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=B74Z_m32y5Y~

ZCM 17.1 and 17.2 Imaging Driver Update for March 2018
http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=8ldKc0_IgwU~

* These patches may be "Field Test Patches" and should be tested first on a staging or test machine before being applied directly to a production system.

* If above patches are for SUSE products, they are not "Field Test Patches". SUSE updates have all been tested by the SUSE Maintenance QA team and can
therefore be used in a production system.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

FYI........
I can see in one ticket, there was one HP System what was still not booting with the March Update, but customer confirmed a Post March Imaging update boot CD helped them....
So March should be much better, but since there were so many issues let support know about systems still having issues.

(Rererence #1045419 for support if they want to see details about that one case I know about so far....)
0 Likes
djohnson62159 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Craig

We have just purchased a bunch of HP 400 G4 desktops and are unable to load imaging, getting stuck on initrd. We have applied the March 2018 imaging driver. I have also attempted to use the boot CD and that gets stuck on loading initial ramdisk. Anything else to try?
0 Likes
pthibault Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Do you have updated your Bios ? On the 400 G3 we need to do this for the ZCC 17.2a. Wich version of ZENworks are you using ? We have alot of 400 G4 and everything works fine... UEFI or Legaxy mode ?
0 Likes
Absent Member.

The BIOS is updated to the latest version. We are using ZCM version 17.2 and finally, UEFI mode.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If you are on ZENworks 2017 Update 2.....
I would suggest trying the WinPE Boot and use the Standard IMG Commands from there.
The HP UEFI/BIOS is giving various items in the Linux Environment Fits...

(Note: Just like Tuxera vs Non-Tuxera Images....The WinPE ZMG images are not compatible either

djohnson62159;2483661 wrote:
Hi Craig

We have just purchased a bunch of HP 400 G4 desktops and are unable to load imaging, getting stuck on initrd. We have applied the March 2018 imaging driver. I have also attempted to use the boot CD and that gets stuck on loading initial ramdisk. Anything else to try?
0 Likes
Absent Member.

I tried WinPE but that was unsuccessful. Following that we tried CloneZilla which has worked for us.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Might Suggest Testing a WinPE Boot............
HP's are still a known issue with UEFI Linux Boots under certain conditions.

In 17.2, WinPE can do traditional ZCM Imaging with all of the "IMG" commands.
Long-Term, that is probably the best solution since WinPE has much better New Hardware Support than Linux and the steps for adding your own drivers and such is much simpler when that is required.

djohnson62159;2483661 wrote:
Hi Craig

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

pthibault,

Instead of false, did you tried "acpi=off" from the z_auto.conf or
z_maint.conf.

Normand

"pthibault" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :
pthibault.8809zb@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com...

Hi,

On ZENworks 2017.1 with UEFI mode. On theHP ProDesk 400 G4, after
loading Kernel linux and initrd we losing the screen. Input not
supported on this device..
I have try nomodeset, acpi=false and none of there option are working.
If i put an onboard graphic card it's working... I have also updated
the Bios. I also have trying different vga= like source.

Any workaround or idea ?

Thanks

--
pthibault
------------------------------------------------------------------------
pthibault's Profile: https://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=167895
View this thread: https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=506071

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.