clintmac Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RPC Communication Error After Upgrading to ZCM 2017 Update 1

After upgrading from Zenworks 2017 to Zenworks Update 1, I am getting the following error when trying to access System Services and Online Update:

RPC Communication Error
An error occurred while communicating with the server, would you like to see the details.

Clicking yes displays:
com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.IncompatibleRemoteServiceException: Type 'com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.XsrfToken' was not assignable to 'com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.IsSerializable' and did not have a custom field serializer. For security purposes, this type will not be deserialized.

Zenworks 2017 was fully functional prior to updating to Update 1. There were no errors accessing Appliance Configuration settings. The upgrade itself went flawless without an errors from the update monitoring link. I first logged in to ZCC where everything looked fine. Then, I tried to do a PXE boot which failed, so I thought I should make sure the dhcp proxy service was running. After getting the RPC Communication Error after clicking System Services, I thought perhaps there was an update to fix this so I tried Online Update which returned the same error.

I'm not finding a fix for this on the forum nor KBs so I'm reaching out to you all for help.

Thanks,
Clint
Labels (1)
0 Likes
9 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: RPC Communication Error After Upgrading to ZCM 2017 Upda

This is not a known issue.......I would recommend an SR.
I know there have been various FTFs for similar issues on 2017 Pre-Update 1.
Not sure if perhaps some prior fixes did not clean up during the upgrade.
0 Likes
clintmac Absent Member.
Absent Member.

While this might not be a known issue, it might end up becoming one as I don't think this is going to be specific to our environment.

This morning, I did a new install of the Zenworks 2017 appliance then applied Update 1 again. I am receiving the same RPC error on this test server.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I would recommend an SR, as I'm not aware of anyone who can duplicate the issue.
0 Likes
davidkrotil Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I have same problem, how ended the SR ?
0 Likes
Not applicable

Could you please post any warnings/error messages you may see towards the end of the following log files after an attempt to register or perform online update in the config console

/var/opt/novell/log/appliance/jetty/jetty.stderrout.out
/var/opt/novell/log/appliance/suse_registerE.log
0 Likes
davidkrotil Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

In Jetty log is this :

2017-09-08 18:24:14.383:INFO:root:qtp186276003-59: spring: ERROR: The serialization policy file '/resourceshttps://www.novell.com/common/gwt/GwtModule/AE32F9B634A03E070613C4F0313886DD.gwt.rpc' was not found; did you forget to include it in this deployment?
2017-09-08 18:24:14.383:INFO:root:qtp186276003-59: spring: WARNING: Failed to get the SerializationPolicy 'AE32F9B634A03E070613C4F0313886DD' for module 'https://zen03.cz:9443/resourceshttps://www.novell.com/common/gwt/GwtModule/'; a legacy, 1.3.3 compatible, serialization policy will be used. You may experience SerializationExceptions as a result.
2017-09-08 18:24:14.392:WARN:root:qtp186276003-14: spring: An IncompatibleRemoteServiceException was thrown while processing this call.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I would recommend an SR.....
Suspect it may be defect 1057494........
Resolution Requires a new .WAR file.
No clue why a handful of folks see the issue, but most dont.

May not be that one above....but perhaps...........
0 Likes
cmanikandan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Try clearing browser cache!!
0 Likes
socc1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Clearing the cache in IE on Windows 10 worked for me. I was having this issue with a brand new zen 2017 appliance with update 3.

Thanks!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.