NovAlf Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: DAU-Process missing "run hidden"

Hi!
One old thread I revisiting.
https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php/458329-11-2-1-DAU-Process-missing-run-hidden
ZCM 11.3.2.0 and Windows 7 as target. Running bat-file (via Launch Executable) from UNC location using DAU and logged in user does see opened cmd-window. Should it be so? Actually, trying to setup GroupWise client install from network location. It does ok, but ... this DOS-window shouldn't be appearing.
Something I missed?
More thanks, Alar.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
14 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

NovAlf;2397646 wrote:
Hi!
One old thread I revisiting.
https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php/458329-11-2-1-DAU-Process-missing-run-hidden
ZCM 11.3.2.0 and Windows 7 as target. Running bat-file (via Launch Executable) from UNC location using DAU and logged in user does see opened cmd-window. Should it be so? Actually, trying to setup GroupWise client install from network location. It does ok, but ... this DOS-window shouldn't be appearing.
Something I missed?
More thanks, Alar.

Actually it is definitely supposed to appear.
However, If you use the "Launch Script" action, I believe the script Window will not appear.
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi and thanks!
Well, I must use dynamic admin with credentials provided (from vault) and running script does not have this option. Tried using just cmd.exe /c, but still showing window.
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

NovAlf;2397685 wrote:
Hi and thanks!
Well, I must use dynamic admin with credentials provided (from vault) and running script does not have this option. Tried using just cmd.exe /c, but still showing window.
More thanks, Alar.

Then try a vbs or wsh script, they do not use a command prompt.
The command window is fully expected.
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi and thanks!
Finally I'd copied setup dir from network location to local device and run it from there using system credentials. Did work ok. I would preferred it running from network, but ... didn't want to abandon this batch-file made by developers.
Btw. I found a solution to hide such a batch-jobs from being seeing. Windows has a built-in program named IExpress (http://www.migee.com/2010/09/17/iexpress-windows-7-error-creating-process-fix/). I would use it, but I couldn't find a way to set it to respect auth to network location (using credentials via ZCM vault).
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

NovAlf;2397812 wrote:
Hi and thanks!
Finally I'd copied setup dir from network location to local device and run it from there using system credentials. Did work ok. I would preferred it running from network, but ... didn't want to abandon this batch-file made by developers.
Btw. I found a solution to hide such a batch-jobs from being seeing. Windows has a built-in program named IExpress (http://www.migee.com/2010/09/17/iexpress-windows-7-error-creating-process-fix/). I would use it, but I couldn't find a way to set it to respect auth to network location (using credentials via ZCM vault).
More thanks, Alar.

Put it on the network share with the source files you are installing and run from there.
You can also simply create a VBS Script that does nothing but call the batch file as hidden.
Just Drop it on the network share.
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi and thanks!
Well, my problem is that I need run this bat-file from network share and grant access to this share using credentials from ZCM credentials vault. Unfortunately run script action does not have this option. And when I try some action which using this credentials (for instance to copy some "ghost-file" from this network share etc.) before this script action script (to open access to network share for this DAU) action still can't get access to this share. Probably is script running isolated. I can't use open text for this share password.
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Yes, I prefer to run this GroupWise installation from network share wo unnecessary copy-process, but ... I don't want users to see DOS-window and I need to provide for DAU user credentials to access this share using credentials vault. Probably is this doable, but I just don't know how.
Alar.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

NovAlf,
> Well, my problem is that I need run this bat-file from network share and
> grant access to this share using credentials from ZCM credentials vault.

Exactly what does this batch file do?

--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Have an idea for a product enhancement? Please visit:
http://www.novell.com/rms

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi and thanks!
This is install.bat file from GroupWise client win32 directory.
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

NovAlf,
> This is install.bat file from GroupWise client win32 directory.
> More thanks, Alar.

OK. FWIW, I use a different method for GW installs, but I now see that
Craig has got you covered.

--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi and thanks!
Different method? 😃
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

NovAlf,
> Hi and thanks!
> Different method? 😃
> More thanks, Alar.

Yes. I basically use setupip. Copy down the files locally and run from there:
https://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise2014/gw2014_guide_interop/data/interop_zen_config_mgt.html

--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You missed the point.............

Create a file called hidden.vbs on \\myserver\installs\mysoftware
Hidden.vbs will contain in line -> CreateObject("Wscript.Shell").Run "\\myserver\installs\mysoftware\install.bat", 0, False

Create a bundle with a launch executable pointing to \\myserver\installs\mysoftware\runhidden.vbs.
You will NOT see the Command Window.

NovAlf;2397870 wrote:
Hi and thanks!
Well, my problem is that I need run this bat-file from network share and grant access to this share using credentials from ZCM credentials vault. Unfortunately run script action does not have this option. And when I try some action which using this credentials (for instance to copy some "ghost-file" from this network share etc.) before this script action script (to open access to network share for this DAU) action still can't get access to this share. Probably is script running isolated. I can't use open text for this share password.
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi and thanks!
Oh, yes, now I understand what You mean. I was using run script action. I'm so slooow, sorry. 😃 Thanks, Craig.
No windows exposed and credentials used as should. A little trouble was to track installing (end) for refreshing NAL window, but ... managed that.
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.