kerengil Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Reboot action

Does any one know - when I add a reboot action to a bundle and then I want the bundle to continue some more actions after the reboot is done - is it possible?

From what I check it does not continue the bundle after the reboot. Is it something I am doing wrong?

Thanks
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
GuillaumeBDEB Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Reboot action

kerengil;2288470 wrote:
Does any one know - when I add a reboot action to a bundle and then I want the bundle to continue some more actions after the reboot is done - is it possible?

From what I check it does not continue the bundle after the reboot. Is it something I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Hi kerengil, you will need to add some requirements for each action before the reboot in your bundle so that they don't repeat the next time the bundle launch. And you will need to add some kind of marker, in the registry for example, just before you launch the reboot as a way to detect if the reboot already occurred. Finally, add a requirement for the reboot action to not execute if the marker is present. I have done it myself once or twice and it works.

Hope it helps!
Guillaume
0 Likes
kerengil Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks a lot!
I thought the action is smarter and continues from the point it had stopped.
I will do it the way you mentioned.

Keren
0 Likes
kerengil Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Actually after testing my bundle I see that the reboot action IS smart and the bundle installation continues after the reboot.
The only problem is that in the "Show progress" window it does NOT show that it is still running.
0 Likes
GuillaumeBDEB Absent Member.
Absent Member.

kerengil;2293514 wrote:
Actually after testing my bundle I see that the reboot action IS smart and the bundle installation continues after the reboot.
The only problem is that in the "Show progress" window it does NOT show that it is still running.

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. But what I know for sure is that I have never seen to this day a bundle that continue right after the Reboot action has been done. Unless you configure the requirements accordingly of course. In other words, unless you add requirements for each action in your bundle it will always starts with the first action in the list. Do you have an example that the bundle would continue right after the Reboot action? I could try to reproduce what you are seeing.

GuillaumeBDEB
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.