spashia Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Remote Management Rights Authentication Failed

I just upgraded our infrastructure to 11.4.1 and am having difficulties using remote management on clients that have the 11.4.1 agent while logged in as an LDAP ZENWorks adminsitrator. If I log in with the built in ZENWorks administrator, I am able to remote 11.4.1 systems without issue.

The error that I am getting is..

Rights Authentication failed. The ticket could not be verified by the ZENWorks server. Contact Novell Technical Services.

I found https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7015107 but it sounds like it should have been fixed before 11.4. The full name for the ldap administrator users is empty and we are using Firefox ESR 38. This was never an issue when we were still on 11.3.2.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Remote Management Rights Authentication Failed

"The full name for the ldap administrator users is empty" - Can you try Populating the Field with Something or test a user that has a value. Something very simple such as "admin" to ensure it is not the prior issue with special characters.
Do you have more than one primary? If so, try from each of the primaries....if some work and others do not, that gives some other indications.

Are these Upgraded Agents?
Are you sure the Remote Mgmt Agent is running on the target devices?
See - https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php/493741-ZCM-11-4-Remote-Management-agent-fail
0 Likes
spashia Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Populating the full name field in eDirectory and re-adding the user as an administrator on ZCC took care of it. Thanks!
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Thanks you too!
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Looks like this is another permutation, but this is fixed in 11.4.2

https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7017469
Bug 952738 11.4 Remote Control using Rights Authentication Fails for ZCC user with empty FullName attribute
0 Likes
janthenat
New Member.

spashia;2431304 wrote:
Populating the full name field in eDirectory and re-adding the user as an administrator on ZCC took care of it. Thanks!

For those who don't know how to do this, would you mind walking through the steps to populate the "Full Name" field in eDirectory? ;^)
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Probably need to ask your eDirectory Administrator...
eDirectory is not part of ZCM.

My guess if that perhaps you run Active Directory, in which case the same would apply but you would update it in Active Directory.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.