farmers_LSD
Visitor.

Remote Operator

Not sure what I'm missing, but in looking at moving to ZCM 2017, I noticed that requesting remote management is easier than before, so I think it's something I might start using. I use Remote Management a lot, but they don't request it right now.

We're currently on ZCM 11.4.3. I added the Remote Operator today. Refreshed the agent and I showed up in the box for remote operators, but when I try to connect, it says "Failed to connect to listening VNC Viewer".

Firewalls are completely disabled. Windows 10 1709.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Remote Operator

I have not done this in a while, but there is a listener that needs to be started on the ZCC device as well......
Don't recall details.....may look if i get a chance........
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Craigdwilson,

https://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks114/zen11_cm_remote/data/brx0fpx.html#bbqgxl7

--

Shaun Pond
when I'm not in the forums, I work for ENGL; our aim is to make Windows deployment easy

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Thanks!

This part from the LInk 🙂

To enable a Remote Management Listener to listen for connections from a managed device:

In ZENworks Control Center, click Devices.

In Device Tasks in the left pane, click Remote Management Listener.

In the Remote Management Listener dialog box, specify the port to listen for the remote connections. By default, the port number is 5550.

Click OK.

The ZENworks Remote Management Listener icon appears in the notification area.
0 Likes
farmers_LSD
Visitor.

Thanks guys! Will give it a go after I get ZCM updated fully. On 2017 and getting ready to do Update 1. I appreciate the info.
0 Likes
farmers_LSD
Visitor.

Spoke too soon. Instructions were very clear. It looks for the ZCC helper, but I get this "Unable to detect ZCC Helper on this device."

I have tried Firefox and Chrome, both and get the same response. Any ideas?

I have installed the listener and closed and re-opened both browsers and get the same result.

On a side note, why are all the KB articles inaccessible?

For example: https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7018704

I am using a VPN, so maybe that's it....
0 Likes
farmers_LSD
Visitor.

I found a thread about using the FQDN so did that and the Listener is now installed. I typically just use the short name.

Download Update 1 now, as well. Thanks again for the help!
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Shane, glad to help, always! 🙂

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
farmers_LSD
Visitor.

I noticed after a reboot, the listener isn't running. How would I set that to run after every boot.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.