jbsmith19761 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Remote management and UAC

Hi All,
I'm using zenworks 11.4.0 and have found when workstation pops up a uac prompt the screen goes blank and requires a disconnect and reconnect.
I have found its something to do with the mirage driver. This problem didn't existing in Zen 11.2.
How does one update the driver or is it updated via the software update process?
Thanx

Julian
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Remote management and UAC

Am 03.11.2016 um 05:46 schrieb jbsmith1976:
>
> Hi All,
> I'm using zenworks 11.4.0 and have found when workstation pops up a uac
> prompt the screen goes blank and requires a disconnect and reconnect.
> I have found its something to do with the mirage driver. This problem
> didn't existing in Zen 11.2.
> How does one update the driver or is it updated via the software update
> process?

The latter. I urgently recommend to update to 11.4.2 at least, better
11.4.3. 11.4.3 also doesn't need the mirage driver any longer.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Remote management and UAC

The Mirage Driver will be removed from 11.4.3 and later on Windows 8.1 or higher.
You can configure all devices to not use it by going to ZCC->Configuration->Device Management ->Remote Management and deselecting the option for Remote Management.

ZCM 11.4.x uses a far newer version of VNC, so there is much less need for that driver.
Testing seems to indicate it no longer provides any gain with the latest version of VNC in ZCM 11.4.x
It was forcibly removed on Win 8.1 and higher, due to the fact Windows starting flagging most Mirror Drivers as problematic on those versions of Windows starting with recent Windows Updates.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.