phasenjager Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Reporting on Variables

I am not sure this is possible, but thought I would see if anyone had any thoughts. Is it possible to create a report for a specific variable on workstations? We have a variable we set on every workstation object, with the identifier for connection to our mainframe. I would like to get a report of the hostnames and identifiers.

We are running the latest ZEN Reporting Server and ZENworks version.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Reporting on Variables

Yes you can........
See - https://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tip/19993.html

Mind you, you would need to pick one of a few pre-defined fields to fill with this data, such as maybe "Cost Center", which likely is not already used and just be aware of how you are using that field.
0 Likes
phasenjager Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Will it work for ZENworks Variables also? I wasn't really clear that these are stored as variables on the workstation object in ZCC and not stored anywhere on the computer itself.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

These would be Windows Variables in my reference.

No Doubt ZRS would pull this out........
OK I could be wrong, but I highly suspect they can 😉

I'm sure they could help you on an SR with this.
0 Likes
BMcDowell1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'm still working on building an up-to-date database schema diagram for version 11.4, and I haven't progressed far enough to know where the variable information is in the schema. ADF entries are on the inventory side of the schema, and I know where those are, but variables are on the ZENworks side and I haven't made it there yet. (When I publish the diagrams you'll see what I mean.)

Using ADFs would be straightforward and you wouldn't have to co-opt another field for which you might have a better use (such as the Cost Center example). And, you would be able to report on the ADFs directly from the ZRS reporting interface. I expect to report directly on the variables in the database that you would have to jump over into Jaspersoft Studio for your reporting.

Bruce McDowell Technical Services Consultant, McDowell Consulting LLC bruce@consultbruce.com
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.