tidewins Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Rights Authentication issue w/ ZCM 10.1

I admit I may have missed this in the documentation somewhere, but I am trying to set up rights-based authentication for ZCM Remote Managment since our Security Officer needs to make sure the persons name is displayed when requesting remote control.

The policy I created seems to work, but I am getting the following error when using my test user: "Rights Authentication failed. You do not have the rights to perform Remote Control operation over the current user logged on to the managed device."

Thanks in advance!

Eric
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
mjgalloway Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Rights Authentication issue w/ ZCM 10.1

When you define ZCM administrator's rights, you need to define both their rights to the device and to the user source for Remote Control. I was getting the same error message when I only had remote control privileges assigned to the device, when an end-user was logged on the remote workstation. If no end-user was logged in, it would work fine, since I would be remote controlling only the device, and not the end-user's session.

Make sure the ZCM administrator account has remote control rights assigned to any users in the user source that will be using the device that you want the administrator to be able remote control.

Setting up administrator roles works well, too, and I'd recommend using them for easy duplication of administrator rights.
0 Likes
tidewins Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Worked like a charm!!! Thanks so much!

Eric
0 Likes
patrickhopkins Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'm having the same problem on zcm10 agent version 10.3.1. I have set remote rights for a user id on specific workstations as well as the root of the active directory datasource for users. I'm still getting the error.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.