NovAlf
Visitor.

Re: Run Script action started from ZCC get stuck

Hi!
ZCM 17.4.1. Well, maybe I wrote too hasty about ok. Tried to run PS script on two devices using Quick Task … still get stuck – “Assigned”. Well, haven’t dug deeper, but running same script using remote diagnostics behind desktop … fine.
Alar.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Rhuhman,

Can you please send me a Private Message with your contact info..
School Name
Etc..

rhuhman;2498925 wrote:
I am seeing similar events with my system. Started after installing Update 4 and it will occur in 95% of any Script or bundle deployment items.

Did you find a solution for this issue? I work for a school system so starting an SR can be difficult due to funding. I can request one if need be but was hoping this was something I might be able to resolve myself.

Thanks

Richard
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

And to be clear....these are for events you are kicking off via a Quick Task in the ZCC....Not for scheduled bundles set to run "On Refresh", "On Logon", etc....
0 Likes
rhuhman1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Message sent.

yes this seems to be only for Quick Tasks. Refresh does seem to prompt the device to run the quick task, in most cases they are Run Scripts quick tasks, with a few being a Install, Launch, Repair bundle quick task through the ZCC .

Richard
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

This is likely related to defect#1127048.
This should be addressed in ZCM 2017 Update 4 FRU1.
FRU1 will likely be released this month.

In Short....In Update 4 and later, Quick Tasks will try and talk the the ZEUS Agent which maintains a long-lived connection to the primary...which makes the whole QT process faster and more efficient.
There are some cases where this connection was not being created, causing the QT to fail.

FRU1 will have a server side fix, which should correct the failure around the long-lived connection creation.
It will also support a ZCC setting that will cause the servers to use the legacy method of trying to use the Core Agent instead in the event someone is still seeing long-lived connection issues. (This will be an Either/Or thing....Not one then the other...)
0 Likes
NovAlf
Visitor.

Hi and thanks!
I’m using “System” in this case.
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.