NovAlf Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Run Script action started from ZCC get stuck

Hi!
(Not sure in which category this subject belongs to better.)
ZCM 17.4, Windows 10 Pro (1809, 1803). Never seen this kind of problem before. It started … well, not sure, but probably with 17.4. Just general question wo any deeper digging, perhaps someone has same.
When I using ZCC and run Script Action, particularly mostly in these days I’m using Powershell scripts, then I start to noticed that script running get stuck, I only see via ZCC green circle with black arrows around (In Progress) and … that’s it. “Assigned” in details. Sometimes no problem, it does run ok. Yesterday I had it several times. In script, I had it running before successfully (should run totally unattended, no GUI etc.), is written log to write onto disk from start, so it should leave a mark into computer, but … nothing from which I concluded it’s not started at all. When I wrap very same script into bundle … no problem with starting bundle. Not sure about Windows 7 devices having same problems.
Any experiences? Sure, I must dig into, but perhaps out there is already some knowledge.
More thanks, Alar.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
20 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Run Script action started from ZCC get stuck

I'm out of the office next week...so likely won't respond to anything for a while....

Not sure I 100% followed all of the posts but...

Is your Script set to run as "DAU", "System", or "User". Can't say I've played with this much, but I know that if you try and run a bundle via a QT....actions set to run as "User" will have issues.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Note: Seemed to work for me on 17.4 on Win10 1809 w/o issues dynamically making a batch file that ran as system.

Perhaps some QT issue in general.
QTs are starting to make some use of ZEUS now as well....so maybe something is amiss there.....
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi again!
Well, could it (this problem) tied to script size!? I just had a device on which I tried to run as QT script and … first one with few hundreds of lines get stuck, but then with few lines … no problem. Could be there a limitations I’m not aware of?, don’t recall – as I wrote – it happen with earlier ZEN versions.
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

NovAlf,
> Well, could it (this problem) tied to script size!?

Could be. What size is the script in bytes?

- Anders Gustafsson (NKP)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi and thanks!
Sorry for delay. Around 13 KB was last one, another I noticed get stuck around 10 KB.
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

NovAlf,
> Sorry for delay. Around 13 KB was last one, another I noticed get stuck
> around 10 KB.
> More thanks, Alar.

OK. Let me see if I can duplicate

- Anders Gustafsson (NKP)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi!
Well, it could be also script size, but today I had to run just few lines of PS script and around 500 bytes … it gets stuck same way. When I bundled it … just fine! Well, it makes it harder to find out what is going on.
Alar.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Please Create an SR and reference bug#1127048
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

That bug deals with QT issues in general related to ZEUS....
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi and thank You!
SR#101231524511.
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
rhuhman1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am seeing similar events with my system. Started after installing Update 4 and it will occur in 95% of any Script or bundle deployment items.

Did you find a solution for this issue? I work for a school system so starting an SR can be difficult due to funding. I can request one if need be but was hoping this was something I might be able to resolve myself.

Thanks

Richard
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi!
No-no, I don’t have any solution or fix etc. for this and can’t have by myself when it’s bug-connected. Also, for me scripts run ok via bundle. I keep us informed here about news on this subject, be sure.
Terv, Alar.
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi!
What they did to community forums, dear …! 😃
Applied FTF Roll Up 1a for ZENworks 17 Update 4 (17.4.1a) and so far seems to be ok.
Alar.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Thanks!

Definitely going to take time to get used to the new format!

One nice thing though, you can now get notifications on replies or even subscribe and get notified of new posts.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.