bawise Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SLES 12 SP4 and SLES 15 Support?

Hi,
Can someone confirm that ZENworks 2017 Update 4 supports SLES 12 SP4 and SLES 15 patches?

I can't seem to get it to create a DAU bundle or show available patches for those OSes. The documentation says patch management should be able to patch servers that are supported in the system requirements section.

Also, SLES 11 SP4 support ended in March and SLES 12 SP3 support ends in June... I would think the newer operating system would be supported.

Thanks,
Brandon
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
bawise Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: SLES 12 SP4 and SLES 15 Support?

Looks like I misunderstood the documentation when I originally read it. The ZENworks Patch Management agent compatibility support lines up with the overall ZENworks system requirements. Based on this document, I am thinking that SLES 12 SP4 and SLES 15 do not have patch content: https://www.novell.com/docrep/documents/35uw5w7vs1/ZENworks-Patch-Management-Content-Report.pdf

Craig can you please comment on when these operating systems will have patch content support? SLES 11 SP4 is already end of life and SLES 12 SP3 is coming to end of life next month.

Thanks,
Brandon
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.