raronson Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

SP3 ZCC is trying to connect via join proxy on internal netw

Our ZCM installation is more than 3 years old. For the first time in memory ZCC is defaulting to connect through join proxy when a user is inside the network. The join proxy is in our DMZ and it fails to connect.

Its not a big deal to go into the connect dialog to remove the join proxy option. I'm mostly concerned as to why its being detected as requiring a join proxy.

There are multiple locations and multiple network environments defined. The location and network environment are defined without a join proxy and set to override the closest server. The location is being detected correctly .

Any ideas?

thanks
Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: SP3 ZCC is trying to connect via join proxy on internal

Since this is the ZCC connecting to the Proxy, I don't think this is coming from Location Rules.
That is more about the managed devices.

Have you pushed out "Hextile" as a default as shown in this TID?
https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7023321

It's possible that the "Default" Profile described there may have been populated with a Proxy Server Value.
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Thanks Craig

This is not happening with all systems. That's why my brain went to locations and network environments.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Which is why I think it is related to stuff here....
HKCU\Software\Novell\ZCM\Remote Management\Viewer\History\

As a test....backup and then blow away that folder.....
The Default Key will hold values to use for devices that do not yet have a "History".

Which is why the suggestion is to create a default if it does not exist, populate hextile, and then blow away the other values.
(Technically, you would likely blow away 1st and then create default key for simplicity...)
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Thanks Craig.
Sorry for being slow to reply, I just discovered I don't receive notifications from these forums.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Note: In about a month, the forums will be undergoing a major upgrade/migration.

raronson;2493910 wrote:
Thanks Craig.
Sorry for being slow to reply, I just discovered I don't receive notifications from these forums.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.