MoffattD Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Satellite Server Update

Good morning. Last week, we finished upgrading our primary servers to 2017.4. Everything went very smooth except for two things. The last two of our Satellite servers were updated to the latest version. When I reboot the servers, I cannot log into the user source on either server. After multiple reboots, the status in the update shows "Awaiting Reboot".
If I were to unregister, then re-register these satellite servers, would I lose all the network locations in ZCC? Would there be a better way to fix this outside of re-registering or re-installing the agent software?

thank you

Darren
Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Satellite Server Update

What does the last Full Refresh show in the ZCC for these devices? (Not Contact)

If old, Try "zac retr"

Fairly safe option.....
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Hi Craig
The last full refresh was April 3 this month. When I run a zac retr, I get this error:
RegistrationManager - Network error connecting to server: Unable to connect to the remote server.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

did you try bouncing the sat server? restarting the agent services?
it may be possible to push the last SU again from the ZCC.....
That will connect to the ZEUS not core agent...
maybe re-running the update may fix something....
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

I was able to get the update installed. After rebooting the satellite servers, they still do not communicate
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

I created an SR to help with this. Thank you Craig very much.

Darren
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.