Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Should ZCM 10 Agent be pre-installed on an image?

Should the ZCM 10 agent be pre-installed on an image? If not, what are
the issues?

--

Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.

Re: Should ZCM 10 Agent be pre-installed on an image?

Should the ZCM 10 agent be pre-installed on an image? If not, what are the issues?

Much like the question I posed in my post (Conceptual Help), but much more succinct. 😉

Check out the imaging forum. The question, with various answers, has been bouncing around there for awhile. But I will sum it all up for you here:

It is ok to pre-install the adapative agent, but before you make the image you must unregister the workstation with zen (zac unregister), and then you should remove the guid registry key:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARENovellZenworksPreAgent]
"Guid"=-

You can then sysprep the machine, make your image, and deploy the image to other machines. You will then need to register the freshly imaged workstation (zac register) and the agent will be ready to go.

There was also some talk about clearing the image safe data before making the image, but this does not seem necessary if you get rid of the guid in the registry.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Re: Should ZCM 10 Agent be pre-installed on an image?

Joyce,

> There was also some talk about clearing the image safe data before
> making the image, but this does not seem necessary if you get rid of
> the guid in the registry.

Unless using another imaging product other than ZENWorks.

--
Jared Jennings - Data Technique, Inc.
Novell Support Forums Sysop
My Blog and Wiki with Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials
http://jaredjennings.org
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.