Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1279 views

Special macros? E.g. Description contents

With ZfD 7.x, we used some macros like %*;DN% to report the DN of the

object in log files.

Is there any similar functionality in ZCM 10?

We want to make sure that the users, when clicking on a Bundle, see a

prompt with the Description in it, and then can press OK to continue
or
Cancel to quit. I would like to just use the text that we include in

the Description field without having to copy-and-paste if at all
possible.

I was hoping I could make a Launch action for Prompt User that would include the Description text via a macro.



Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Special macros? E.g. Description contents

A list of macros would be nice.

Jeremy Mlazovsky wrote:
> With ZfD 7.x, we used some macros like %*;DN% to report the DN of

the
> object in log files.
>
> Is there any similar functionality in ZCM 10?
>
> We want to make sure that the users, when clicking on a Bundle, see

a
> prompt with the Description in it, and then can press OK to continue

or
> Cancel to quit. I would like to just use the text that we include

in
> the Description field without having to copy-and-paste if at all

possible.
>
> I was hoping I could make a Launch action for Prompt User that would


> include the Description text via a macro.




0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Special macros? E.g. Description contents

OK, after a little bit of fooling around, I found that the macro

${Description}

holds the description.



Jeremy Mlazovsky wrote:
> A list of macros would be nice.
>
> Jeremy Mlazovsky wrote:
>> With ZfD 7.x, we used some macros like %*;DN% to report the DN of

the
>> object in log files.
>>
>> Is there any similar functionality in ZCM 10?
>>
>> We want to make sure that the users, when clicking on a Bundle, see

a
>> prompt with the Description in it, and then can press OK to

continue
>> or Cancel to quit. I would like to just use the text that we

include
>> in the Description field without having to copy-and-paste if at all


>> possible.
>>
>> I was hoping I could make a Launch action for Prompt User that

would
>> include the Description text via a macro.




0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Special macros? E.g. Description contents

OK, I was wrong ... ${Description} works, but it is the contents of
the
Description field for the user object (in my case, an eDir user)not
the
Bundle.

Jeremy Mlazovsky wrote:
> OK, after a little bit of fooling around, I found that the macro
>
> ${Description}
>
> holds the description.
>
>
>
> Jeremy Mlazovsky wrote:
>> A list of macros would be nice.
>>
>> Jeremy Mlazovsky wrote:
>>> With ZfD 7.x, we used some macros like %*;DN% to report the DN of

the
>>> object in log files.
>>>
>>> Is there any similar functionality in ZCM 10?
>>>
>>> We want to make sure that the users, when clicking on a Bundle,

see a
>>> prompt with the Description in it, and then can press OK to

continue
>>> or Cancel to quit. I would like to just use the text that we

include
>>> in the Description field without having to copy-and-paste if at

all
>>> possible.
>>>
>>> I was hoping I could make a Launch action for Prompt User that

would
>>> include the Description text via a macro.




0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Special macros? E.g. Description contents

Jeremy,

I can't find a list either: I've raised a bug for the docs to see what

we can find...

--

Shaun Pond





0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Special macros? E.g. Description contents

Thanks, that would be REALLY helpful!

Shaun Pond wrote:
> Jeremy,
>
> I can't find a list either: I've raised a bug for the docs to see

what
> we can find...
>




0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.