jwebb1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Status 10.3.1 clients not loggin in ?

Any updates? We just updated our ZCM system to 10.3.1 and our agents are having this problem.

Jim Webb
0 Likes
jwebb1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I figured out the problem with the help of TID 7006646. Once I ran "zman surp "Update for ZCM (10.3.1)" the preagent packages were rebuilt with the correct CASA files. The updated agent installed correctly and I was able to login to the zone. I hope this helps someone.

Jim Webb
0 Likes
robynwarrington Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jim,
I am not able to find TID 7006646 update for ZCM 10.3.1. Should it show up in the Cofiguration>System updates list? I tried searching in the downloads area and it didn't show up there either. I really think rebuilding the CASA files is what I need done but am not finding the tools you used to do it. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Robyn

Robyn ZCM 11.2.2 on Windows 2008 R2 virtual server.
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Robynwarrington,

it's a TID (Technical Information Document) - you search for them at
http://www.novell.com/support - the information in the TID is what Jim
used to help him

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Thanks for the direction Shaun. I have found the TID but needs some clearification. It tells me to check that my ZENworks_home/downloads/msi dirctory is correct on the server, and that the CASA and authtokenclient MSIs match the installed system update. These two files do not have a version date in the file name but the date the file was last modified is 2008 so I am going to assume they were not updated with the recent 10.3.1 ZCM update. So to resolve this it instructs me to try running the zman surp to fix. Not sure what zman surp is, a command, a .exe file? I have ZCM installed on a Windows Server 2008 r2 VM server.
Thanks!
Robyn

0 Likes
Highlighted
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Robynwarrington,

I understand - the TID wasn't as clear as it might have been - I've had
a go at making it easier for a novice (everyone has to start at that
point!) see if it's easier to understand now...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Shaun,
Thanks for the clarification the TID is much easier to follow. When I ran the zeninfo and looked at the systeminfo/InstalledMsis.txt file I found that the Package versions were correct (CASA.msi Version: 1.7.1613 and authtokenclient.msi version 1.7.1630)
I am going to repost my issue here and see if you think I am digging in the right place or am I off base thinking my issue is the same as what has been posted in this thread:

[INDENT]"We are also having this issue. Updated from 10.3 to 10.3.1 now when users log in they get the message: "User Authentication failed during a refresh. User applications will not be available. This may occur if the users password has changed or if the user is deleted from the user source." or they will be prompted with the Novell Zenworks log in but are unable to successfully authenticate.
We have a good connection to our AD server. I removed the connection to the AD server and re-established it with no change. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Zenworks Adaptive agent from the local workstations with no change also uninstall CASA. I tried to run the CASA manager and was prompted to install GTK# runtime library. When I click OK at the prompt it tries to direct me to New Novell Developer Site in my browser but the page is unable to load. Wow what a mess. Has anyone got this one figured out? uninstalling and reinstalling the agent is not a good fix for us we are managing over 600 workstations."[/INDENT]

Any assistance on where to go from here would be greatly appreciated
Robyn

0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Robynwarrington,

forget the CASA manager for now - if you have problems logging in, look at the zmd-messages.log (set to debug level) and CASA logs - Debug logs in ZCM
http://www.novell.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=3418069&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=51010132&stateId=0%200%2051008788

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
brestt Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'm having the same problem. 10.3.0 clients work fine, 10.3.1 users can't authenticate to the users source (e-dir).

We've tried the zman surp "Update for ZCM (10.3.1)" but that did not help.

I've got a .zip with the casaauthtoken.log, zmd-messages.log, and zenlgn.log.
They can be downloaded here: https://docs.google.com/a/uww.edu/leaf?id=0B7QlZStGz6rkMjZkODE2NDItY2JlZi00ZjU5LTk5YjktNzc0M2MzZDIyMmNj&hl=en

Any help is greatly appreciated.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Until Novell fix this,, which might happen ???.....we're sticking with
10.2.2 agents out on the clients. That might not be the optimal thing
to do, but judging from our experience and from the lack of THIS FIXES
IT threads in here after so long time.....it's (at least for us) the
only sane option right now.....

We've got our 3rd SR with Novell in 6months with ref to ZenConfMgmt,
and our impressions so far is that they don't know any more than we do

Previously with SR's, you got people knowing Netware, BM, Zen7 or eDir
and got help, now you get people trying to figure out why these
20-30-40 msi's from all over don't interact as intended and they don't
have a clue....

BUT; on the positive side, we have not had any deal-breakers running
the 10.2.2. on the clients towards the central installation of servers
and sat's running 10.3.1

On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 16:06:01 GMT, brestt
<brestt@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

>
>I'm having the same problem. 10.3.0 clients work fine, 10.3.1 users
>can't authenticate to the users source (e-dir).
>
>We've tried the zman surp "Update for ZCM (10.3.1)" but that did not
>help.
>
>I've got a .zip with the casaauthtoken.log, zmd-messages.log, and
>zenlgn.log.
>They can be downloaded here:
>https://docs.google.com/a/uww.edu/leaf?id=0B7QlZStGz6rkMjZkODE2NDItY2JlZi00ZjU5LTk5YjktNzc0M2MzZDIyMmNj&hl=en
>
>Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Brestt,

are you using satellites?

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
brestt Absent Member.
Absent Member.

spond;2059466 wrote:
Brestt,

are you using satellites?

No
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Brestt,

OK, I am gong to suggest that you open a Service Request - we're seeing
this in a few cases, but we haven't got to the bottom of it yet...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Absent Member.

If you create a service request could you keep this thread updated? Thanks so much! As an educational institution we do not have maintenance as part of our licensing so are unable to resolve issues in that way. We only have the forum and documentation to use to resolve issues.

0 Likes
paulpf Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Found in our environment some 10.2.0 agents and upgraded (sequentially) all Primary and Satellites to 10.3.1, that Most times 10.2.0 to 10.3.1 would work but some cases I found that stepping them up sequentially to 10.2.2 then 10.3.0 and then 10.3.1 works best on System Updates. Yes this takes longer but less headaches for me figuring out where and what failed. Also in some cases I've been able to reinstall just the CASA.msi and/or authtokenclient.msi instead of add/remove and reinstalling the whole agent when the user doesn't automatically log in.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.