abuckl3y Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Strange DAU EOF errors

Hey folks:

I'll just throw this out there because I've had no luck getting to the bottom of this myself.

We are running a SLES 11 sp1 server with ZCM 11, not SP1 but all cumulative patches etc have been applied up to that point, our Patch Management subscription is valid and active, the subscription service reports no errors downloading.

However we see no available patches in ZCC all the DAU's for every device are failing with the following error:

The handler Lumension.Zenworks.PatchModule.UnZipSigsAction thew the following exception: ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.SharpZipBaseException: Unexpected EOF at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.Compression.Streams.InflaterInputBuffer.Fill() at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.Compression.Streams.InflaterInputBuffer.ReadLeByte() at ICSharpCode.SharpZip

I haven't been able to find any information of this particular error, I know it's something to do with a file not unzipping correctly but that as much information as I've been able to tease out of it.

I'd appreciate any help I can get from the forum.

Thanks in advance

Aaron
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Strange DAU EOF errors

Abuckl3y,

> but all
> cumulative patches etc have been applied up to that point

including "ZCM/ZPM 11.1 Patch Management server update 1"?

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
abuckl3y Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Shaun:

ZCM/ZPM 11.0 Patch management server update 1 has been applied.
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Abuckl3y,

I think that it's worth raise a SR in this case - if that's not
something you can so I will happily raise a ticket with Lumension
directly, but I am on vacation all next week, so there's not likely to
be a great deal of progress

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Highlighted
abuckl3y Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Shaun:

Sorry for not responding to you till now but it's been a bit of a crazy week here during which time I updated the ZCM server to v11 sp1. I didn't want to say anything till that process was finished.

Long story short is that the DAU's appear to be working fine now (and a few other little issues we were having seem to have been solved as a bonus).

Thanks for the offer of an SR but fortunately it appears that's not going to be required now.

Aaron
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Abuckl3y,

nice - sorry about my slow response, but I was on vacation last week

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.