rhuhman1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sybase DB maintenance?

Is there recommended maintenance I should be doing to my Sybase DB (External)? The past two days the two primaries have been extremely slow and the dbsrv17 service on my zendb server is pegged at 100%. I looked at the DB size and is shows 2.5 Gig for the DB and 129GB for the log file. This seems a bit extreme so I am trying to backup and do a database rebuild. Wasn't sure if this was something that should be done regularly and if there is a recommended maintenance schedule for zenworks to keep it healthy?

Thanks

Richard
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Sybase DB maintenance?

rhuhman;2488972 wrote:
Is there recommended maintenance I should be doing to my Sybase DB (External)? The past two days the two primaries have been extremely slow and the dbsrv17 service on my zendb server is pegged at 100%. I looked at the DB size and is shows 2.5 Gig for the DB and 129GB for the log file. This seems a bit extreme so I am trying to backup and do a database rebuild. Wasn't sure if this was something that should be done regularly and if there is a recommended maintenance schedule for zenworks to keep it healthy?

Thanks

Richard

Wow 129GB, you can create a schedule, see here: https://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks-2017-update-3/zen_sys_db_mgmt/data/boftyox.html

Thomas
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.