monsieurbob41 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

TFTP Replication caching

Hello Everyone,

I recently upgraded my ZCM deployment from 11.2 MU2 to 11.2.3.a. Now that I have updated, the tftp source seems to be cached somewhere and I can not get it to remove. I made a backup of the old files in the tftp folder and put it in the tftp folder. Since then I have removed the backup folder and made updates to a few scripts. I have forced replication to start from my primary server using ZCC, but it still is putting the removed folder and other older files on the satellite servers. I have even ran zac cc and zac ref bypasscache on the primary to see if that would clear it from cache. I have cleared the contents of the tftp folder from all the satellite servers and ran the replication again. I still keep getting older files that no longer exist in the tftp folder of the source primary server. I appreciate any assistance with this.
Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: TFTP Replication caching

monsieurbob4 wrote:

>
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I recently upgraded my ZCM deployment from 11.2 MU2 to 11.2.3.a. Now
> that I have updated, the tftp source seems to be cached somewhere and
> I can not get it to remove. I made a backup of the old files in the
> tftp folder and put it in the tftp folder. Since then I have removed
> the backup folder and made updates to a few scripts. I have forced
> replication to start from my primary server using ZCC, but it still is
> putting the removed folder and other older files on the satellite
> servers. I have even ran zac cc and zac ref bypasscache on the primary
> to see if that would clear it from cache. I have cleared the contents
> of the tftp folder from all the satellite servers and ran the
> replication again. I still keep getting older files that no longer
> exist in the tftp folder of the source primary server. I appreciate
> any assistance with this.

How do you start the replication? "zac cdp/cvc"? Or do you wait for the
schedule?

--
Niels

A true red devil...

-- Niels I have always liked... Cowabunga! If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. A member must be logged in before s/he can assign reputation points.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

I clicked on "Start Now" in the ZENworks Configuration Console under Configuration>Preboot Services>TFTP Replication Settings
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

0 Likes
Absent Member.

So the “start now” TFTP Replication button should really be “check kindly, please, whenever you feel the need, to see if maybe you should synchronize”?
I also tried the following:
I deleted all the files in the tftp folder on the satellite servers.
I then ran zac cdp cleanup
I then ran zac cdp replicate
The satellites did replicate files to the tftp folder, but they were still the old files which included my backup folder.

Should I delete the tftp*.zip files from the satellites and the primary server located in /var/opt/novell/zenworks/content-repo/tmp/imaging and then click on "Start Now" to start the replication process over again?
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Monsieurbob4,

you're not the only person who has seen this: Andersg (on of the KPs
who you'll see around in this forum) has seen the same thing. If you
can open a SR, I would suggest that you do so...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.