bkeadle Absent Member.
Absent Member.
3681 views

TFTP Replication stuck on pending

I've perused through all the previous posts about TFTP replication but nothing has been helpful in resolving my issue.

I'm running 11.2.4 Monthly Update 1

Tuxera High Performance NTFS Driver Integration Settings Status show my satellites as "No Available"

Initiating a TFTP Folder Replication 'Start Now' results in a perpetual Pending status.

The Satellite server, Zenworks Agent / Satellite / Content shows a Synchronization status of 0 of 40 files synchronized (0%), Default 40 file(s) remaining.

Logs are unremarkable
Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
16 Replies
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: TFTP Replication stuck on pending

bkeadle <bkeadle@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:
> I've perused through all the previous posts about TFTP replication but
> nothing has been helpful in resolving my issue.
>
> I'm running 11.2.4 Monthly Update 1
>
> Tuxera High Performance NTFS Driver Integration Settings Status show my
> satellites as "No Available"
>
> Initiating a TFTP Folder Replication 'Start Now' results in a perpetual
> Pending status.
>
> The Satellite server, Zenworks Agent / Satellite / Content shows a
> Synchronization status of 0 of 40 files synchronized (0%), Default 40
> file(s) remaining.
>
> Logs are unremarkable
>


Is it only on this one satellite you see this?

--
Niels

-- Niels I have always liked... Cowabunga! If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. A member must be logged in before s/he can assign reputation points.
0 Likes
bkeadle Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: TFTP Replication stuck on pending

No. I have 2 satellites, both show the same information.
0 Likes
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: TFTP Replication stuck on pending

bkeadle wrote:

>
> No. I have 2 satellites, both show the same information.


So last contact/refresh on two sats?

--
--
Niels
I have always liked... Cowabunga!

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by
clicking on the star below.
A member must be logged in before s/he can assign reputation points.

-- Niels I have always liked... Cowabunga! If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. A member must be logged in before s/he can assign reputation points.
0 Likes
bkeadle Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: TFTP Replication stuck on pending

No apparent contact on either Sats. Where would I see that?
0 Likes
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: TFTP Replication stuck on pending

bkeadle <bkeadle@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:
> No apparent contact on either Sats. Where would I see that?
>


You see the in the ZCC, when looking at the device Info page. Also note the
last refresh?

--
Niels

-- Niels I have always liked... Cowabunga! If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. A member must be logged in before s/he can assign reputation points.
0 Likes
bkeadle Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: TFTP Replication stuck on pending

Last contact was within the hour, the last full refresh earlier this morning. However, the ZENworks Agent Status does report:
The agent service is running, but the request failed for one or more known addresses.

These computers are multihomed. The second NIC is on a "backend" subnet, but the ZCM primary server also has an address on this backend subnet.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: TFTP Replication stuck on pending

bkeadle;2338537 wrote:
Last contact was within the hour, the last full refresh earlier this morning. However, the ZENworks Agent Status does report:
The agent service is running, but the request failed for one or more known addresses.

These computers are multihomed. The second NIC is on a "backend" subnet, but the ZCM primary server also has an address on this backend subnet.


What is your satellite content replication schedule set to?

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
bkeadle Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: TFTP Replication stuck on pending

As I understand it (as told by support) that TFTP replication is different from content replication. My satellite's do not have a content role.

As for the TFTP Folder Replication section of preboot services, I have no schedule set. I'm just trying to manually "Start Now" a replication. The Replication Status never changes from Pending.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: TFTP Replication stuck on pending

I don't recall when it was fixed, but at one point TFTP Replication
REQUIRED the content role.

It was NOT that long ago they fixed it.

On 11/5/2014 11:56 AM, bkeadle wrote:
>
> As I understand it (as told by support) that TFTP replication is
> different from content replication. My satellite's do not have a
> content role.
>
> As for the TFTP Folder Replication section of preboot services, I have
> no schedule set. I'm just trying to manually "Start Now" a replication.
> The Replication Status never changes from Pending.
>
>



--
Going to Brainshare 2014?
http://www.brainshare.com
Use Registration Code "nvlcwilson" for $300 off!


Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Technical Support Engineer

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
0 Likes
bkeadle Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: TFTP Replication stuck on pending

Thanks. Someone should let Novell support know. 😕
0 Likes
bkeadle Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: TFTP Replication stuck on pending

So, I add the content role to my satellite server, but I don't want it to replicate any of the content repo, just the TFTP directory structure - really so that we can PXE boot into ZCM imaging for subnets where the satellites exist. What do I need to do? Any configuration details to this end?

Interestingly, after having the Content role to one of my Satellites, I see the sync status number of files jumped up to 169 (previously 40?). However, the Replication Status still shows Pending, and no apparent activity.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: TFTP Replication stuck on pending

bkeadle;2338743 wrote:
So, I add the content role to my satellite server, but I don't want it to replicate any of the content repo, just the TFTP directory structure - really so that we can PXE boot into ZCM imaging for subnets where the satellites exist. What do I need to do? Any configuration details to this end?

Interestingly, after having the Content role to one of my Satellites, I see the sync status number of files jumped up to 169 (previously 40?). However, the Replication Status still shows Pending, and no apparent activity.


We do not have the content role assigned to our satellites (11.3.1FRU1) and it works for us but..

Check the following: ZCC->Configuration->Content->Content Replication->"Default Satellite Server content replication schedule", what is it set to?
In the roles of the sats, click Configure for the Imaging Role->Configure Imaging Content Replication->Options, what is it set to?

Thomas
0 Likes
bkeadle Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: TFTP Replication stuck on pending

Default Satellite Server content replication schedule = Recurring, Fixed Interval, 1 Days 1am

Configure Imaging Content Replication -> Options = (the same)
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: TFTP Replication stuck on pending

bkeadle;2338860 wrote:
Default Satellite Server content replication schedule = Recurring, Fixed Interval, 1 Days 1am

Configure Imaging Content Replication -> Options = (the same)


Okay, that seems fine.. I guess you need to take a look into the logs.

Thomas
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.