rhuhman
New Member.

TFTP Speed?

I recently assisted another school district with their deployment of ZCM 17.4.0 and getting imaging working. I noticed that the server they were running allowed for a faster pull of the TFTP resources then what I have in my district. After checking the specs of the server and the setup I couldn't find a large difference in hardware or what the software configuration was setup between the two servers. Both are Appliance servers yet the other districts TFTP download was about twice the speed as what mine is.

Is there some settings I can look at to see if I can speed up the delivery of those files and increase the speed of my imaging? I am using the WIM method to image now and not the img version.

Server: SLES11SP4 ZCM 17.4.1
both running dual Gig connections. imaging Windows 10 1809.

Thanks for any guidance.

Richard

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: TFTP Speed?

See https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Configuration-Management-User/Slow-TFTP-work/m-p/2680757#M106075

Start by testing the Max PING size between your device and the servers.

You may need to adjust some Switch Settings to allow for larger packets.

Once that is done, it may be possible to tweak your TFTP server to allow for bigger packets, but the first thing is to see get an idea if your network allows for jumbo packets and how large....

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.