grahamch Contributor.
Contributor.

Unable to Deploy Update 2017 2a Agent from ZCC

We have not deployed the agent from ZCC in a while, as we are rolling out the 2017 agent with Windows 10 (so that our user base gets all the changes at one time). The installing of the agent from the packages available on <server>/zenworks-setup are working fine.

Today we received a request for the Zapp on a couple of windows 7 machines and when we go to Configuration | System Updates, select the checkbox for ZENworks 2017 Update 2a, the option to Deploy Update to Devices is grayed out. The only options available are check for updates, download update and delete update.

When I look at the Overview for this update, the Replication Status link for the update is disabled and there is nothing in the deployment history (even though I deployed this update to a handful of computers via this method about 6 months ago).

Both Primaries show 17.2 as the version (on the configuration page).
The agent version on a machine that had the agent update pushed out previously is 17.2.0.935.

17.3a is an available option to download, but I have no intention of upgrading the system right now.

Looking at my test system, 17.2a is not even listed anymore.

Are we now having these updates shoved down our throat, forcing us to update every six months like with windows 10?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
asudheer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to Deploy Update 2017 2a Agent from ZCC

This can happen in few scenarios (Eg Error, Downloading, Importing etc). I would like to know the Status of the update under "Available System Updates" section.
0 Likes
grahamch Contributor.
Contributor.

2a has gone back to a status of Available. For some reason Update 1 has a status of Baselined and we never installed that update.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

That is a TAD Strange....
May want to open an SR to see what is going on....

You "MIGHT" be able to build an Update 2 "Stand Alone Updater" package....had to say as I'm not sure you are in a normal state for whatever reason...

grahamch;2489113 wrote:
2a has gone back to a status of Available. For some reason Update 1 has a status of Baselined and we never installed that update.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Of course...may be just Download and Apply Update 3.....
Contains lots of fixes....Can't recall of hearing of any issues introduced...
0 Likes
grahamch Contributor.
Contributor.

I'm hesitant to apply Update 3 in case that compounds the problem. I may try in my test system, but the two don't seem to be in the same state anymore.

I'll open an SR and see where that goes.

thanks
0 Likes
grahamch Contributor.
Contributor.

To close the loop, the resolution was to just download Update 2 and authorize again.

Chris
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.