Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Unable to communicate with ZESservice

Good day to all, I recently updated my testing environment to ZCM 11.2.2, all agents (workstations and servers) have also been updated to 11.2.2.

However; I'm seeing during the day machines reporting the following:

"Unable to communicate with the ZESservice. Please make sure that ZESservice is running".

The machines that are currently reporting this issue are both WindowsXPSP2/3 machines. The Windows 7, 2008, and SUSE Linux servers do not seem to be experiencing this issue.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
8 Replies
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to communicate with ZESservice

Dschaldenovell,

can you open a SR for this? I've seen this before and I don't think
it's been fixed properly...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
bbeachem Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This can happen at startup (1 to 3 times). If ZESService is actually running and this happens only at startup, it can be ignored. Essentially one service is trying to talk to ZESService and the Windows Service Manager hasn't started ZESService yet. Ideally this message should be suppressed unless it really does "mean something". As of now, retries are done once the service is up and running and you should not see any more errors after those seen at startup (again 1 to 3 times).
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Brent,

I still have that problem on one of my machines 😉

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
renebos Absent Member.
Absent Member.

i am still experiencing this on 11.23mu1 clients windows 7 64bits os. with agentconfig endpoint disabled.

can't seem to fix these errors on several workstations.
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Renebos,

I'd suggest a SR at this point, as it's supposed to be fixed...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
renebos Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Shaun,

I've just opened a SR

Service Request: 10855095861
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Renebos,

I've asked the person who got this to keep me in the loop

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Renebos,

sorry, my mistake http://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7010780 -
this fix for this should be in 11.2.4, and I must have confused
myself...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.