fartyalvikram
New Member.

Unable to configure Windows Proxy

I have installed ZENworks 2017 on SLES 11 SP3.
Now I am trying to perform "Discovering Devices By Using IP Addresses" activity, for this I have performed the below steps.
1. In ZENworks Control Center, click the Deployment tab.
2. In the Discovery Tasks panel, click New to launch the New Discovery Task Wizard.
3. Select Discovery Type IP Discovery Task and Enter name then click on Next
4. Click on Next, then Enter IP of the Server which I want to add then click on Add
5. Enter Credential Information as Administrator User with Password and type is Windows. Click on Next.
6. Select Discovery Task to be executed is Now.
7. On Select or Edit a Proxy Device step, when I click on Finish the following error has been occured
The wizard cannot continue for the following reason(s):
Error: Before selecting a Linux server to perform a discovery task, a Windows Proxy must be configured.

When I try to set Windows Proxy, try to browse but unable to find any device for selection on the other side I can find one device for selecting Linux Proxy.
So please help me to fix this and what I have missed in this.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Unable to configure Windows Proxy

fartyalvikram;2482767 wrote:
I have installed ZENworks 2017 on SLES 11 SP3.
Now I am trying to perform "Discovering Devices By Using IP Addresses" activity, for this I have performed the below steps.
1. In ZENworks Control Center, click the Deployment tab.
2. In the Discovery Tasks panel, click New to launch the New Discovery Task Wizard.
3. Select Discovery Type IP Discovery Task and Enter name then click on Next
4. Click on Next, then Enter IP of the Server which I want to add then click on Add
5. Enter Credential Information as Administrator User with Password and type is Windows. Click on Next.
6. Select Discovery Task to be executed is Now.
7. On Select or Edit a Proxy Device step, when I click on Finish the following error has been occured
The wizard cannot continue for the following reason(s):
Error: Before selecting a Linux server to perform a discovery task, a Windows Proxy must be configured.

When I try to set Windows Proxy, try to browse but unable to find any device for selection on the other side I can find one device for selecting Linux Proxy.
So please help me to fix this and what I have missed in this.

Did you do this step: https://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks114/zen11_discovery_deployment/data/bapswz9.html ?

Thomas
0 Likes
fartyalvikram
New Member.

Thanks for reply.
I have installed Agent on Windows Server 2012 R2 by using below URL
https://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks2017/zen_quickstart/data/ba7qorf.html#ba7quv6
But I want to know that, can we install Agent automatically from back end instead of going inside the server and install manually that Agent.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Just a couple of comments.........

#1 - I would strongly recommend getting your server to ZCM 2017 Update 2 prior to starting to deploy agents.

#2 - Discovery and Deployment via this method relies upon the built in MS Networking Features Built into Windows.
By Default, Windows blocks all remote software installs for non-domain joined PCs.
Make sure you can use tools such as "PSEXEC" to remotely execute processes with administrative level rights....

For Domain Joined PCs...It would be vastly easier to use some type of Startup Script or Policy to deploy the software, since the software will deploy when the device is powered on rather than hoping the PC is on and running at the procise time of a scan or deployment.
IMHO, The Best "Real-World" use for Discovery is to find rogue PCs missing the agent vs trying to deploy due to the restrictions and other options above.

I presume its possible these could be non-domain PCs where security was previously lowered to allow for remote software remote execution.....but that would be rare...........
0 Likes
fartyalvikram
New Member.

Thanks for reply.
Can you please give me some link which I can followed for the Agent deployment for Domain Joined PCs?
I am facing one other issue, I have deploy ZENworks Agent on two PCs (Windows Server 2012 R2 and SLES 11 SP3). But on the "Audit and Messages" tab I am not getting any events(Agent and Change Events), I have performed login logout system restart activity so many times but nothing is showing in "Audit and Messages" tab.
Please give me some advise so I can follow that.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

This does not directly answer the question but should be useful....
https://www.novell.com/communities/coolsolutions/cool_tools/installing-zenworks-agent-microsoft-deployment-toolkit-mdt/

The links above is about scripting the Agent install during the imaging process.
Simply follow the same process, but call it from a Domain Startup script or something similar....
Should be a fairly routine process....I've done it before for customers when doing On-Site Engagements, but the link above should be able to guide the AD Admin.....

As far as Auditing Goes.....Auditing is disabled by default.
You need to enable it and select which specific items you want to audit.

Reminder: Audit the items you really want to know about....Audting EVERYTHING will result in a MASSIVE Amount of Data............
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.