Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1775 views

Unable to deploy zen agent

I am still unable to push it to my test machines (windows 2k and xp)
after I
have configured to meet the minimum requirements from whose people are

having problems to deploy the zen agent. Please advice, thanks.



Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to deploy zen agent

No Firewall ?
Simple File Sharing disabled under XP ?
Right Credentials ? (in form of <Domain>\Administrator if in a domain
or
Administrator if outside a domain)

What error do you get ?
What Language ?

Ronald Wu wrote:
> I am still unable to push it to my test machines (windows 2k and xp)

after I
> have configured to meet the minimum requirements from whose people

are
> having problems to deploy the zen agent. Please advice, thanks.




0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to deploy zen agent

Can you remotely access the Administrative Shares outside of ZENworks
on the
remote computers?

--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational
human.

"Ronald Wu" <RWu@mbc.ca.gov> wrote in message
news:46CC2A3B.6A55.006E.0@mbc.ca.gov...
>I am still unable to push it to my test machines (windows 2k and xp)

after
>I
> have configured to meet the minimum requirements from whose people

are
> having problems to deploy the zen agent. Please advice, thanks.






0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to deploy zen agent

Win XP
* Firewall disabled
* Simple File Sharing disabled

Win 2K (reference info: zen10 documentation)
* No Info on system register as following

HKLM\system\currentcontrolset\services\lanmanserver\parameters\AutoShareWrks



unchecked proxy settings and installed certificate
https://zenserver:443
didn't help at all.


Error Message: Unable to connect to device
Language: English

both platforms have same issues.

>>> On 8/22/2007 at 12:33 PM, in message

<ic0zi.5178$pG6.572@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Olivier
RUFF<oruff@fakeemail.com> wrote:
> No Firewall ?
> Simple File Sharing disabled under XP ?
> Right Credentials ? (in form of <Domain>\Administrator if in a

domain or
> Administrator if outside a domain)
>
> What error do you get ?
> What Language ?
>
> Ronald Wu wrote:
>> I am still unable to push it to my test machines (windows 2k and

xp)
> after I
>> have configured to meet the minimum requirements from whose people

are
>> having problems to deploy the zen agent. Please advice, thanks.




0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to deploy zen agent

Are the Admin Shares there and can you connect to them outside of
ZENworks?


"Ronald Wu" <RWu@mbc.ca.gov> wrote in message
news:46CC40F3.6A55.006E.0@mbc.ca.gov...
> Win XP
> * Firewall disabled
> * Simple File Sharing disabled
>
> Win 2K (reference info: zen10 documentation)
> * No Info on system register as following
>
>

HKLM\system\currentcontrolset\services\lanmanserver\parameters\AutoShareWrks

>
>
> unchecked proxy settings and installed certificate

https://zenserver:443
> didn't help at all.
>
>
> Error Message: Unable to connect to device
> Language: English
>
> both platforms have same issues.
>
>>>> On 8/22/2007 at 12:33 PM, in message

> <ic0zi.5178$pG6.572@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Olivier
> RUFF<oruff@fakeemail.com> wrote:
>> No Firewall ?
>> Simple File Sharing disabled under XP ?
>> Right Credentials ? (in form of <Domain>\Administrator if in a

domain or
>> Administrator if outside a domain)
>>
>> What error do you get ?
>> What Language ?
>>
>> Ronald Wu wrote:
>>> I am still unable to push it to my test machines (windows 2k and

xp)
>> after I
>>> have configured to meet the minimum requirements from whose people

are
>>> having problems to deploy the zen agent. Please advice, thanks.





0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to deploy zen agent

Agent was successful deployed to those test machines after looking
more
settings on the file share and able to get inventory after the
deployment
except one that I needed to run the "zac reg -u {username} -p
{password}
https://{zenserver}" command to register the device because of
time-out.
Don't know if anyone has time-out issue and that's how to resolve it.
Settings on the IE browser with proxy doesn't affect on deploying the
zen
agent.
>>> On 8/22/2007 at 1:03 PM, in message

<rE0zi.5216$pG6.2460@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Craig
Wilson<craig_d_wilson@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Can you remotely access the Administrative Shares outside of

ZENworks on
> the
> remote computers?




0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.