rmorley Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unable to image Lenovo T420

We are just getting some new laptops in. One of them is a lenovo t420. The nic chipset is a 82579LM intel gb adapter, however it is not being recognized by zen. I have the latest imaging driver update applied as of today. Is there a way to get this to work? Is there something manual that we can do (hopefully not super difficult) to get the driver in? Thanks for any help
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Unable to image Lenovo T420

rmorley;2090434 wrote:
We are just getting some new laptops in. One of them is a lenovo t420. The nic chipset is a 82579LM intel gb adapter, however it is not being recognized by zen. I have the latest imaging driver update applied as of today. Is there a way to get this to work? Is there something manual that we can do (hopefully not super difficult) to get the driver in? Thanks for any help

In Windows Device Manager check the NIC driver detail for it's hardware ids for this NIC. And post the output here. You can also do when you boot into ZEN maintenance mode and at the prompt issue this command: 'hwinfo --netcard'.

Thomas
0 Likes
mikke Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to image Lenovo T420

I hope i have wonderful news for You guys:
We hade the same problem with our brand new T420's until this morning, the solution was to follow TID 3421576 and to use driver e1000e (the driver field did not show up with hwinfo --netcard).
The string to add to z_auto.cfg and z_maint.cfg (the append-line) was: newid="0x8086 0x1502,e1000e"
The scary part is that editing the file is not supported but this is the only working solution as far as I know.

Mikael
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.