Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
9502 views

Unable to log into the network because the login credentials or theserver certificate is incorrect

Hello,

We did a upgrade to from 10.3.1 to 11. The upgrade went very well on the
server. But when I deploy the agent update to the clients, it went wrong:

“Unable to log into the network because the login credentials or the
server certificate is incorrect"

We can normally log into the Windows network and then comes the Zen
Client. We never had that issue before and all was working very well
with 10.3.1

We have:

One primary server with Windows 2008 (64) (not in Domain, just standalone)
Two Domain controllers
Workstations are Windows 7 (32)
User Source is connected to one DC
We don’t use (yet) SSL for credentials from ZCM to the DC

Can someone explain to me what (went) wrong? And how can I fix this
problem ?

Thanks,

Frank
Labels (2)
0 Likes
7 Replies
odegos Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to log into the network because the login credent

We also had a similar issue, we ended up deleteing and re-adding the user source.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to log into the network because the login credentialsor theserver certificate is incorrect

This didn’t help us, but thanks for your answer.

We found the problem. When I go to the computer en start the CASA.msi
manually , choose for repair and after a reboot the problem went away.
It seems that the upgrade process is not correct installing the new
CASA.msi.

C:\Program
Files\Novell\ZENworks\cache\zmd\ZenCache\e2235637-d941-4c9b-af81-439fbfba6e41\casa.msi

Can someone give me some information on how I can fix this on all the
computers where the agent is not working.?

Does this casa.msi have parameters for a silent installation (repair
modus) ?

Regards,

Frank



Op 9-3-2011 21:36, odegos schreef:
>
> We also had a similar issue, we ended up deleteing and re-adding the
> user source.
>
>


0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghuebner Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to log into the network because the login credent

Hy Frank
every msi can start via comandline, try

msiexec /fomus Casa.msi /qn

for more information

msiexec /?


Gernot
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Unable to log into the network because the login credentialsor theserver certificate is incorrect

If you look in your update logs, you will see some MSI Log files that
have the syntax used to apply the MSIs. It should be very close.
The key will likely be specifying the correct targetdir.

On 3/10/2011 4:49 AM, Frank wrote:
> This didn’t help us, but thanks for your answer.
>
> We found the problem. When I go to the computer en start the CASA.msi
> manually , choose for repair and after a reboot the problem went away.
> It seems that the upgrade process is not correct installing the new
> CASA.msi.
>
> C:\Program
> Files\Novell\ZENworks\cache\zmd\ZenCache\e2235637-d941-4c9b-af81-439fbfba6e41\casa.msi
>
>
> Can someone give me some information on how I can fix this on all the
> computers where the agent is not working.?
>
> Does this casa.msi have parameters for a silent installation (repair
> modus) ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Frank
>
>
>
> Op 9-3-2011 21:36, odegos schreef:
>>
>> We also had a similar issue, we ended up deleteing and re-adding the
>> user source.
>>
>>

>



--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to log into the network because the login credentialsor theserver certificate is incorrect

Hi Craig,

Your answer is not verry clear to me 😞

Regards,

Frank



Op 10-3-2011 13:20, craig wilson schreef:
> If you look in your update logs, you will see some MSI Log files that
> have the syntax used to apply the MSIs. It should be very close.
> The key will likely be specifying the correct targetdir.
>
> On 3/10/2011 4:49 AM, Frank wrote:
>> This didn’t help us, but thanks for your answer.
>>
>> We found the problem. When I go to the computer en start the CASA.msi
>> manually , choose for repair and after a reboot the problem went away.
>> It seems that the upgrade process is not correct installing the new
>> CASA.msi.
>>
>> C:\Program
>> Files\Novell\ZENworks\cache\zmd\ZenCache\e2235637-d941-4c9b-af81-439fbfba6e41\casa.msi
>>
>>
>>
>> Can someone give me some information on how I can fix this on all the
>> computers where the agent is not working.?
>>
>> Does this casa.msi have parameters for a silent installation (repair
>> modus) ?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Frank
>>
>>
>>
>> Op 9-3-2011 21:36, odegos schreef:
>>>
>>> We also had a similar issue, we ended up deleteing and re-adding the
>>> user source.
>>>
>>>

>>

>
>


0 Likes
KovalevAV Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to log into the network because the login credent

I have some problem too.
I upgraded from 10.3.3 to 10.3.4 and got this error.
What do I do, any tips?
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Unable to log into the network because the login credentialsor theserver certificate is incorrect

Best to start a new thread.

That message means nothing more than "Error" and could have an almost
unlimited set of causes.

The 1st place I would start, is testing an freshly installed agent and
see if that works. Sometimes Agent upgrades break, particularly CASA
which is used for logons.

I would also run a ZENworks Diagnostic Report on your server to see if
anything perhaps did not upgrade properly. The ZDC report tool is
available on PatchFinder for each version of ZCM and is ZCM version
specific.


On 4/11/2012 5:26 AM, KovalevAV wrote:
>
> I have some problem too.
> I upgraded from 10.3.3 to 10.3.4 and got this error.
> What do I do, any tips?
>
>



--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.