Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
2277 views

Unable to upload icon for bundle

Hi,

Have just installed ZCM 10 on a SLES 10 backend. Have created and uploaded
MSIs for several bundles, but are unable to upload an icon for the bundle.
Error in ZCC after chosing an icon from an .exe file e.g. and hitting OK:
Error with image file -
/opt/novell/zenworks/share/tomcat/webapps/zenworks/images/appIcons/97e1d245c925406eaaa1b69e75624776.ico
(No such file or directory)

--

ZCC workstation: Win XP Pro EN (SP1 and SP2) with IE 6.

Anyone seen this?

Regards,
Tor Harald Lothe


Labels (2)
0 Likes
19 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to upload icon for bundle

would try with 10.0.1 first...

Geir Aalvik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Have just installed ZCM 10 on a SLES 10 backend. Have created and uploaded
> MSIs for several bundles, but are unable to upload an icon for the bundle.
> Error in ZCC after chosing an icon from an .exe file e.g. and hitting OK:
> Error with image file -
> /opt/novell/zenworks/share/tomcat/webapps/zenworks/images/appIcons/97e1d245c925406eaaa1b69e75624776.ico
> (No such file or directory)
>
> --
>
> ZCC workstation: Win XP Pro EN (SP1 and SP2) with IE 6.
>
> Anyone seen this?
>
> Regards,
> Tor Harald Lothe
>
>

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to upload icon for bundle

Marc-Andre Vallee wrote:

> would try with 10.0.1 first...
>
> Geir Aalvik wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Have just installed ZCM 10 on a SLES 10 backend. Have created and
> > uploaded MSIs for several bundles, but are unable to upload an icon
> > for the bundle. Error in ZCC after chosing an icon from an .exe
> > file e.g. and hitting OK: Error with image file -
> > /opt/novell/zenworks/share/tomcat/webapps/zenworks/images/appIcons/9
> > 7e1d245c925406eaaa1b69e75624776.ico (No such file or directory)
> >
> > --
> >
> > ZCC workstation: Win XP Pro EN (SP1 and SP2) with IE 6.
> >
> > Anyone seen this?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Tor Harald Lothe
> >
> >


I'd very much like to try this after 10.0.1. Any ideas how to get it?
System Update isn't working.

--

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to upload icon for bundle


>
> I'd very much like to try this after 10.0.1. Any ideas how to get it?
> System Update isn't working.
>


only DVD is available right now (for fresh install)
it should appear soon, like this week we all hope...
check threads under server-install for updates
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to upload icon for bundle

So this is a known issue and there's going to be a patch for it available
any time now?

Regards,

"Marc-Andre Vallee" <marc-andre.dot.vallee@complys.dot.no.spam.com> skrev i
melding news:a0LOi.10335$NG7.9575@kovat.provo.novell.com...
> would try with 10.0.1 first...
>
> Geir Aalvik wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Have just installed ZCM 10 on a SLES 10 backend. Have created and
>> uploaded
>> MSIs for several bundles, but are unable to upload an icon for the
>> bundle.
>> Error in ZCC after chosing an icon from an .exe file e.g. and hitting OK:
>> Error with image file -
>> /opt/novell/zenworks/share/tomcat/webapps/zenworks/images/appIcons/97e1d245c925406eaaa1b69e75624776.ico
>> (No such file or directory)
>>
>> --
>>
>> ZCC workstation: Win XP Pro EN (SP1 and SP2) with IE 6.
>>
>> Anyone seen this?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Tor Harald Lothe
>>
>>



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to upload icon for bundle

Tor Harald Lothe,

>So this is a known issue and there's going to be a patch for it available
>any time now?


The fix is not in 10.0.1 and is not available yet, maybe we can put some
pressure on them.

Could you send me customer details?
jaredljennings dot com

Customer Name:
Number Seats:
Impact:

--
Jared Jennings - Data Technique, Inc.
Novell Support Forums Sysop
My Blog and Wiki with Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials
http://jaredjennings.org
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to upload icon for bundle

Hi!

OK - let me get this straight:
It is impossible to upload any kind of icons for a bundle?
And there are no workarounds?
And it is a reported and known bug?

Regards,
Tor Harald

"Jared Jennings" <jaredljenningsNO@SPAMmyrealbox.com> skrev i melding
news:NvOOi.10530$NG7.8065@kovat.provo.novell.com...
> Tor Harald Lothe,
>
>>So this is a known issue and there's going to be a patch for it available
>>any time now?

>
> The fix is not in 10.0.1 and is not available yet, maybe we can put some
> pressure on them.
>
> Could you send me customer details?
> jaredljennings dot com
>
> Customer Name:
> Number Seats:
> Impact:
>
> --
> Jared Jennings - Data Technique, Inc.
> Novell Support Forums Sysop
> My Blog and Wiki with Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials
> http://jaredjennings.org



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to upload icon for bundle

Tor Harald Lothe,

>It is impossible to upload any kind of icons for a bundle?
>And there are no workarounds?
>And it is a reported and known bug?


If the ZCM server is Linux, then it fails.
Run ZCM on a Windows server.
Reported and I am actively talking with the engineers.

--
Jared Jennings - Data Technique, Inc.
Novell Support Forums Sysop
My Blog and Wiki with Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials
http://jaredjennings.org
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to upload icon for bundle

OK - thanks!
🙂

"Jared Jennings" <jaredljenningsNO@SPAMmyrealbox.com> skrev i melding
news:YdgPi.11408$NG7.4005@kovat.provo.novell.com...
> Tor Harald Lothe,
>
>>It is impossible to upload any kind of icons for a bundle?
>>And there are no workarounds?
>>And it is a reported and known bug?

>
> If the ZCM server is Linux, then it fails.
> Run ZCM on a Windows server.
> Reported and I am actively talking with the engineers.
>
> --
> Jared Jennings - Data Technique, Inc.
> Novell Support Forums Sysop
> My Blog and Wiki with Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials
> http://jaredjennings.org



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to upload icon for bundle

In my ZCM10 class which is all on windows, we couldn't get the icon
deployed.

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to upload icon for bundle

Hi Jared,

Heard anything more about the status and when it will get fixed? (is it in
10.0.1?)
Have tried downloading 10.0.1 through system update, but like lot's of
others it's stuck in status "Bundling (100%)" and I am unable to clear the
update.

I have installed ZCM 10.0.0 at a customer site, and I am about to go live
with the system, but the end users will be very unhappy having the same
icons for all applications.... Seems like a small thing for us "back end"
guys, but for end users visual appearance is everything..

Regards,
Tor Harald Lothe


"Jared Jennings" <jaredljenningsNO@SPAMmyrealbox.com> skrev i melding
news:YdgPi.11408$NG7.4005@kovat.provo.novell.com...
> Tor Harald Lothe,
>
>>It is impossible to upload any kind of icons for a bundle?
>>And there are no workarounds?
>>And it is a reported and known bug?

>
> If the ZCM server is Linux, then it fails.
> Run ZCM on a Windows server.
> Reported and I am actively talking with the engineers.
>
> --
> Jared Jennings - Data Technique, Inc.
> Novell Support Forums Sysop
> My Blog and Wiki with Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials
> http://jaredjennings.org



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to upload icon for bundle

Tor Harald Lothe,

>
> I have installed ZCM 10.0.0 at a customer site, and I am about to go
> live with the system, but the end users will be very unhappy having
> the same icons for all applications.... Seems like a small thing for
> us "back end" guys, but for end users visual appearance is
> everything..


There is no fix yet for the bundle icon issue. I have heard of update
issues like what you are seeing, but do not know of a fix. Can you open
a SR on this issue?

--
Jared Jennings - Data Technique, Inc.
Novell Support Forums Sysop
My Blog and Wiki with Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials
http://jaredjennings.org
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to upload icon for bundle

OK - thanks.

To be honest, I was hoping Novell could resolve this issue without the need
to open a SR - the issue must have been reported to Novell Support /
engineering already?....

Pretty basic functionality that is broken if you ask me 😞

Tor Harald



"Jared Jennings" <jaredljenningsNO@SPAMmyrealbox.com> skrev i melding
news:O_LQi.13130$NG7.7882@kovat.provo.novell.com...
> Tor Harald Lothe,
>
>>
>> I have installed ZCM 10.0.0 at a customer site, and I am about to go
>> live with the system, but the end users will be very unhappy having
>> the same icons for all applications.... Seems like a small thing for
>> us "back end" guys, but for end users visual appearance is
>> everything..

>
> There is no fix yet for the bundle icon issue. I have heard of update
> issues like what you are seeing, but do not know of a fix. Can you open
> a SR on this issue?
>
> --
> Jared Jennings - Data Technique, Inc.
> Novell Support Forums Sysop
> My Blog and Wiki with Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials
> http://jaredjennings.org



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to upload icon for bundle

Tor Harald Lothe,

> To be honest, I was hoping Novell could resolve this issue without
> the need to open a SR - the issue must have been reported to Novell
> Support / engineering already?....
>
> Pretty basic functionality that is broken if you ask me 😞


Yes the issue is report and a defect has been raised against this. A
fix has not been made yet for this issue though.

I agree with you, but I do not make any of the desicions 😞

--
Jared Jennings - Data Technique, Inc.
Novell Support Forums Sysop
My Blog and Wiki with Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials
http://jaredjennings.org
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to upload icon for bundle

OK - thanks again, Jared 🙂


"Jared Jennings" <jaredljenningsNO@SPAMmyrealbox.com> skrev i melding
news:Lm%Qi.13696$NG7.11828@kovat.provo.novell.com...
> Tor Harald Lothe,
>
>> To be honest, I was hoping Novell could resolve this issue without
>> the need to open a SR - the issue must have been reported to Novell
>> Support / engineering already?....
>>
>> Pretty basic functionality that is broken if you ask me 😞

>
> Yes the issue is report and a defect has been raised against this. A
> fix has not been made yet for this issue though.
>
> I agree with you, but I do not make any of the desicions 😞
>
> --
> Jared Jennings - Data Technique, Inc.
> Novell Support Forums Sysop
> My Blog and Wiki with Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials
> http://jaredjennings.org



0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.