cwlewis Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Uninstall Client without Administrator Password

Is there anyway to uninstall the client and completely remove everything without having to provide the administrator password to ZCM? I'd rather not provide those credentials to field technicians or end-users when having to re-install the client.

Running ZCM 11.1

Thanks,
Chad
Labels (2)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Uninstall Client without Administrator Password

On 19.12.2011 16:36, cwlewis wrote:
>
> Is there anyway to uninstall the client and completely remove everything
> without having to provide the administrator password to ZCM? I'd rather
> not provide those credentials to field technicians or end-users when
> having to re-install the client.
>
> Running ZCM 11.1

You will find a "local uninstall" option, which doesn't need a login.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0 Likes
cwlewis Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OK. If I am uninstalling the client because a computer name has changed and I want to remove all traces of the client from the ZCM, is there any way to do that without administrator credentials? Is there a way to provide an alternative account that would perform the same function?

Thanks for your help!
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Cwlewis,

> uninstalling the client because a computer name has changed

why not just let the device rename itself in ZCC?

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
cwlewis Absent Member.
Absent Member.

As long as that happens in ZCM, then I am fine. In the ZPM 6.4 days, it would create a new entry and leave the old CPU Name entry out there as a valid entity.
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

0 Likes
metheridge Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You could create s dedicated admin account in ZCC and just give it Device Rights. The only potential problem is that this account could also be used to login to ZCC and do device management tasks.
0 Likes
jhurley Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If needed, you can do this by first unregistering the system (zac unr) then uninstall the agent as you would any other app. It will tell you that you can only perform a local uninstallation, accept it and proceed. It won't uninstall CASA by default so if you want to remove it you have to uncheck the checkbox for it.
0 Likes
jhurley Absent Member.
Absent Member.

zac unr may require a username/password. You can prevent this by using the -f -s switches.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.