sprause Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Update 11.4.0 -> 11.4.1 with Standalone Updater: Error

Hello,

i try to update a workstation from 11.4.0 to 11.4.1 with the Stand alone updater, after normal system update via Control Center didn't worked.
But this also don't work. in the system-update.log I see the error: [Agent Version prerequisite check failed. Error : Installed agent version 11.4.0.8141 lesser than required version 11.4.0.12063]
I thought i can use the stand alone Updater to update from any version?
Or where am I thinking wrong?

br,
s.prause
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
scottezell Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Update 11.4.0 -> 11.4.1 with Standalone Updater: Error

sprause;2423389 wrote:
Hello,

i try to update a workstation from 11.4.0 to 11.4.1 with the Stand alone updater, after normal system update via Control Center didn't worked.
But this also don't work. in the system-update.log I see the error: [Agent Version prerequisite check failed. Error : Installed agent version 11.4.0.8141 lesser than required version 11.4.0.12063]
I thought i can use the stand alone Updater to update from any version?
Or where am I thinking wrong?

br,
s.prause

I'm seeing the same problem. Apparently, it's a bug in the new version. Support did mention that it may be possible to roll our own updater, but I haven't received a reply with more info about doing that.
0 Likes
scottezell Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Update 11.4.0 -> 11.4.1 with Standalone Updater: Error

Came across this in my searching...and it appears to work
PreAgentPkg_AgentComplete.exe -d c:\temp -Z -q

Would like to hear from someone why this appears to work fine, and isn't mentioned anywhere officially that I can find. It was in a comment on an article for creating a stand alone updater for 11.2.

I did encounter the bug mentioned elsewhere, where the Remote Management wouldn't start. Sometimes, two dll files doesn't get updated. Copying them from another 11.4.1 system fixes it. They're the xmlparse.dll and xmltok.dll in the c:\programs files (x86)\Novell\Zenworks\bin folder.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.