Upgrade satellite OS from SLES 11.3 to SLES 12.3

Hello,
my environment:
- ZCM 2017 Update 2a
- 2 Primary Servers, SLES 11.3
- 1 OEM-Sybase database server, SLES 12.3
- 1 Satellite Server with imaging role, SLES 11.3
See the ZENworks documentation that refers to Primary Servers:
“If ZENworks is already installed on the system, do not perform a major in-place upgrade of the operating system (for example, from SLES 11 SP4 to SLES 12) as this might cause issues and the Primary Servers might have to be replaced.”
I couldn't find anything related to satellite servers, but I want to upgrade the satellite server from SLES 11 SP3 to SLES 12.3. Any recommendations? Should I upgrade or migrate?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Upgrade satellite OS from SLES 11.3 to SLES 12.3

Folks I asked said they would recommend removing the ZCM Agent prior to this Upgrade. (Would need to be Demoted from Sat Role 1st)

baisch;2489258 wrote:
Hello,
my environment:
- ZCM 2017 Update 2a
- 2 Primary Servers, SLES 11.3
- 1 OEM-Sybase database server, SLES 12.3
- 1 Satellite Server with imaging role, SLES 11.3
See the ZENworks documentation that refers to Primary Servers:
“If ZENworks is already installed on the system, do not perform a major in-place upgrade of the operating system (for example, from SLES 11 SP4 to SLES 12) as this might cause issues and the Primary Servers might have to be replaced.”
I couldn't find anything related to satellite servers, but I want to upgrade the satellite server from SLES 11 SP3 to SLES 12.3. Any recommendations? Should I upgrade or migrate?
0 Likes
baisch Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Upgrade satellite OS from SLES 11.3 to SLES 12.3

Thank you very much for your answer. I will follow your advice.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.