Tor Emil
New Member.

Upgrading Zen 11 sp4 in non english suse from sp3

I have had a problem upgrading to zen sp4 from sp3. It said "Package didn't install."

could not find any error in logfiles. Tryed upgrading several times.

I am using suse 11 sp3 in Norwegian

Changed it to en-us, and rebooted, upgrade went smootly.

Just for your information. 🙂
Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Upgrading Zen 11 sp4 in non english suse from sp3

torhowden;2402734 wrote:
I have had a problem upgrading to zen sp4 from sp3. It said "Package didn't install."

could not find any error in logfiles. Tryed upgrading several times.

I am using suse 11 sp3 in Norwegian

Changed it to en-us, and rebooted, upgrade went smootly.

Just for your information. 🙂

Thanks!

Can you please tell me the the Server OS? and SP Level? Will help me relay details.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

And were you upgrading from 11.3.0 or a later version such as 11.3.2?
0 Likes
Tor Emil
New Member.

Using sles 11 sp3 with latest patches
ZEN11 11.3.2 with latest patches

Norwegian language and changed it to en-us language

Nothing else installed on the macine, just normal sles 11 sp3 install.

The upgrade went well it seems the first time but it stated in the log file that "Package didn't install' and that "zen updater not running"
The upgrade installed sp4 agent on the server and the client on page "zenwork-setup" was upgraded, but the packages for zen on server did not install.

I saw a tid on somebody that had the same problem on another version of zen (Don't remember the tid number) from dutch language, and thought that I should try
it on this upgrade.

That did the trick. Hope this is what you need. If anything else you have to wait over the weekend.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Thx for the info
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.