dominicm Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Upgrading from 10.3 to 11

Hi,
Is there some clear guidelines or recommendations for upgrading from 10.3 to 11 ? We have 3 Linux Suse Enterprise 11 x64 and 1 Windows 2008 x64 in a Zone of zcm 10.3. We want to upgrade all the zone to the zcm 11. We have about 10 active workstations right now, so no big risk. We will very soon have about more than 9000 workstations that will be registered to this zone.

We have a sql database 2005 attached to the zone.

thanks for your support !

DM
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
floort Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Upgrading from 10.3 to 11

Do you need some specific information?
Because in the upgrade documentation of zcm11, there is enough information.
I have done an upgrade 2 days ago, with only sles primary servers and external sybase.
Read the doc's carefully and make a plan for yourself.

dominicm;2072758 wrote:
Hi,
Is there some clear guidelines or recommendations for upgrading from 10.3 to 11 ? We have 3 Linux Suse Enterprise 11 x64 and 1 Windows 2008 x64 in a Zone of zcm 10.3. We want to upgrade all the zone to the zcm 11. We have about 10 active workstations right now, so no big risk. We will very soon have about more than 9000 workstations that will be registered to this zone.

We have a sql database 2005 attached to the zone.

thanks for your support !

DM
0 Likes
theflyingcorpse Absent Member.
Absent Member.

floort;2072936 wrote:
Do you need some specific information?
Because in the upgrade documentation of zcm11, there is enough information.
I have done an upgrade 2 days ago, with only sles primary servers and external sybase.
Read the doc's carefully and make a plan for yourself.

Damn you!

I built myself a "superlab" on my laptop:
- Smoothwall to make a servernet and a client net.
- 1 DNS/DHCP/SyBase SQL
- 1 SLES with ZCM 10.3.1
- 1 W2k8R2 with ZCM 10.3.1
- 4 x WXP SP3
- 4 x W7

Upgrading SLES goes perfectly. Upgrading W2k8 R2 does not work, it is missing components after upgrade, related to database connectivity...
Going to rebuild my lab today with a MSSQL backend because thats what we run in production to see if its related to that. I wish I didnt come across this error.
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

0 Likes
dominicm Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ok thanks guys, I will check this out !!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.