NKlein Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Using a Proxy for the Agent

Hi there,

is it possible to use a seperate Proxy for the Zenworks Agent? I have not found something in the Documentation or the Forum so far. While searching i downloaded the PreAgentPkg_Agent.exe from our ZCM-Server and extractet it. I found the ZENPreAgent.exe.config and the appSettings look interesting but since i havent found a documentation i dont know what to do.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
<appSettings>
<!--add key="requestPort" value="12345"/>-->
<!--<add key="replyAddr" value="137.65.167.32"/>-->
<!--add key="replyKey" value="128"/>-->
<add key="RESPONSE_TEST" value="1"/>
</appSettings>
<startup>
<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0"/>
<supportedRuntime version="v2.0.50727"/>
<supportedRuntime version="v1.1.4322"/>
</startup>
</configuration>

Any suggestions about the config-file or another way to set a proxy for the agent?

Thanking you in advance,

Niklas
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Using a Proxy for the Agent

"zac sp" will allow you to set a ZCM Specific Proxy.

Keep in mind, even content will flow through the set Proxy.
Only in exceptional cases should ZCM traffic be flowing through a proxy, in most cases the ZCM Servers are configured to bypass proxies.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.