jhurley Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Volatile DLU Deleting Accounts Even After Unenforced

We are using the ZCM 11.4.2 agent on Windows 7 desktops. We are in the process of doing an AD migration. As part of this process a tool is run that points the new domain login to the profile for the old local user. This allows users to keep desktop, settings, etc. The old profile was originally created by a static DLU that was changed to dynamic prior to the AD migration. As part of the migration the DLU policy is unenforced. What we are seeing is that, despite being unenforced, the volatile DLU policy seems to be deleting the old local account/profile anyway. This is an issue because the old profile is being used by the new domain account.

We attempted to mitigate by changing the DLU policy back to static but that does not appear to have done anything.

Just wondered if anyone has seen this before or knows enough about the volatile cached DLU to tell me how it calculates the time. There is a registry key that I think is related (HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\<SIDofDLUUser>\DLUlastChangeTime) unfortunately I am not sure how to translate that back into a date. We are thinking of possibly just deleting this key.

Any thoughts are appreciated...
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Volatile DLU Deleting Accounts Even After Unenforced

Are you able to open an SR?
I'd be leary of tossing too much low level stuff in public forums...don't want folks to shoot themselves in the foot.
But historically, the Volatile Nature of a profile is set when it is created....This held true even back to the very old ZDM days before ZCM.

You should know my email too 😉
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.